Youtube issues

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Looking to see if other folks are having youtube problems with CM6. While I do not use youtube, it bugs me that I can not get it working correctly. The videos stutter and freeze, and the sound is not tracked properly.

Here is what I have tried, to no avail:

Complete wipe and factory reset when installing
Different kernels
compcache on and off
setcpu speeds set to high and low
setcpu governor set to different ones
high quality on and off in the youtube menu
cleared data in the youtube app

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Craig

ARod

Reaction score
I'm having issues with my youtube app. It is very slow compared to my other friends Iphone 4 & 3 and also my friends vibrant from t mobile. There's loads so much quicker than my droid x. I've tried restarting it and nothing...... What else can I do to make it quicker?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You are talking across three different carriers, chances are they just have better signal quality and therefore faster video playback speeds

wdprice3

Reaction score
mine is typically fast... sometimes youtube is just slow... did you compare them at the same time on the same video?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
the iguys at my job just have a better signal that me at that location, I have the better phone though, and they all know it ;)

ARod

Reaction score
Yes but the theirs is still faster. Their videos load within 5 seconds while mine takes around 20 seconds and it sometimes still freezes. I wana know if I should take it back to verizon or if that's how every droid x is. I rooted my phone so I'm open to other more suggestions and overclocking doesn't help with youtube.....

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I can not get you tube to play any videos through the youtube app or the browser any solutions

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unless this has to do with a ROM this will be moved to tech section. And I think I saw other posts on it.

Have you tried the Market version of You Tube?

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry just saw the app part in your post. You can try going to setings/applications/manage app/downloaded and open You Tube to clear data.

Then you would have to accept terms again. Just an idea.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk