YOUTUBE HQ .apk

Womp

Reaction score
BTW, I can't take credit for this file...I found it some time ago during my travels. I just tend to hold onto stuff on my Droid's download folder for times like this. :p heh.

Daybreak

Reaction score
Howdy,

I just messed around with my Droid and figured something out.

I have watched youtube video before and always had to click more > high quality

I have now signed into my youtube account which is merged with my gmail account. After I am signed on, it remembers that this unit uses high quality video. Now I do not have to make that selection to watch in high quality.

So, sign into your youtube account, it will then default to high quality. :) :icon_ banana:

OP
Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Howdy,

I just messed around with my Droid and figured something out.

I have watched youtube video before and always had to click more > high quality

I have now signed into my youtube account which is merged with my gmail account. After I am signed on, it remembers that this unit uses high quality video. Now I do not have to make that selection to watch in high quality.

So, sign into your youtube account, it will then default to high quality. :) :icon_ banana:

you sure youre not just running a ROM that has the HQ hack already installed? what ROM are u running

Daybreak

Reaction score
OOps, I was looking thru new post. I see this is under the hacks-custo roms..

sorry,

nope, pure moto droid forced 2.1 update, thats all at the moment. No root, no rom, not o/c

I guess I will post the finding out under the general droid area.

Have a good one

J*Bishop

Reaction score
ok so i'm trying to use the file posted in post# 2. renamed it to update. moved the file to my phone. unmounted and rebooted into recovery. selected the update.zip file to install but it says install aborted. any thoughts guys?

OP
Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
ok so i'm trying to use the file posted in post# 2. renamed it to update. moved the file to my phone. unmounted and rebooted into recovery. selected the update.zip file to install but it says install aborted. any thoughts guys?

you might have named it "update.zip.zip" by accident....go to your file explorer (ie ASTRO) and look in the root of ur SD card...look for the file u named "update"...press and hold until the menu pops up....edit>rename....it should say "update.zip" .....if it says "update.zip.zip" then thats why its aborting installation....let me know if thats the case or not...

Orion223

Reaction score

you might have named it "update.zip.zip" by accident....go to your file explorer (ie ASTRO) and look in the root of ur SD card...look for the file u named "update"...press and hold until the menu pops up....edit>rename....it should say "update.zip" .....if it says "update.zip.zip" then thats why its aborting installation....let me know if thats the case or not...

I had the same problem ... just dumped my UD rom and went to stock ESE81 with root/SU; wanted the HQ youtube again, tried this and got ... "installation aborted"

OP
Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

I had the same problem ... just dumped my UD rom and went to stock ESE81 with root/SU; wanted the HQ youtube again, tried this and got ... "installation aborted"

try downloading from your phone not through PC. Move the file from downloads to the root of your phone. make sure its named update.zip. i find it easier to download everything from my phone....btw im not exactly sure but this patch may not work with stock 2.1 ROM...once again dont quote me because im not entirely sure. try installing cyanogenmod 5602..then try applying update.zip