YouTube Go Allows You To Download Videos For Offline Viewing.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
youtube-go.jpg

You will no longer have to turn to shady applications and websites to download your favorite youtube videos. Youtube is rolling out the ability to download these videos so that you can consume them without a data connection when you are away from home or a place with spotty connection. You will need to first download the Youtube Go app. You can currently only download in either "basic" or "standard" quality. Neither quality is HD. You can even share downloaded videos with friends via bluetooth. Head to the Play Store link below to purchase this app now.

via Play Store

Gremlin

Reaction score
Well they have an access program an it is currently full bah

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I've used TubeMate since my original Galaxy S days & it still works great to this day. Granted you have to download it from the Amazon app store, but you can save in multiple formats, including UHD. You can also save mp4 videos as HQ mp3 files.

S7 Edge tap'n

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have been able to download You Tube videos locally to my phone for about a year now. I watch them while travelling, in airplane mode, all the time. Is that because You Tube Red automatically comes standard with a monthly Pay Music subscription? I thought You Tube always had a "download for later" option?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have been able to download You Tube videos locally to my phone for about a year now. I watch them while travelling, in airplane mode, all the time. Is that because You Tube Red automatically comes standard with a monthly Pay Music subscription? I thought You Tube always had a "download for later" option?
I believe that that functionality did indeed come with the GPM YT Red deal. I don't recall having a download for later option before that started.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I believe that that functionality did indeed come with the GPM YT Red deal. I don't recall having a download for later option before that started.

Thanks Jonny. You are correct Sir. I meant to check last night and forgot. Just checked this morning and the download for later option is part of the YT Red / Play Music subscription.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Thanks Jonny. You are correct Sir. I meant to check last night and forgot. Just checked this morning and the download for later option is part of the YT Red / Play Music subscription.
I only remember because they added the ability to continue playing in the background at the same time. That's a feature that I actually find myself using from time to time.

Damian Phillips

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
The features of this a App sounds really great, especially as described by the developers. I will definitely give it a try and I will install it on my device. I've always wanted to download videos from YouTube and watch them on my phone, when the Internet connection is bad. Unfortunately, when I went on the app page there was a line saying that it is not yet released. Could you please tell me when it will be available for download?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The features of this a App sounds really great, especially as described by the developers. I will definitely give it a try and I will install it on my device. I've always wanted to download videos from YouTube and watch them on my phone, when the Internet connection is bad. Unfortunately, when I went on the app page there was a line saying that it is not yet released. Could you please tell me when it will be available for download?

Welcome to the forum!

Since it's a Google app, and fairly new, I doubt anyone here knows the exact answer to that question. I would recommend to keep checking periodically and I would assume it will be available in the Play Store soon.