YouTube account problem

chulaperez79

Reaction score
I have a YouTube account. It is set up with my username and linked to my @live email account. I do have a gmail account, but it is not the one I used to register my YouTube account.

Here's my problem: When I try to log in to YouTube using the app on my phone it won't let me log in with my username. It will ONLY accept a gmail login. How can I get this app (if possible) to work with my YouTube account? Is there a way to create a new YouTube gmail account and LINK it to my existing channel? Or is there another way to get into this app with JUST my YouTube username and password?

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Since Google purchased Youtube back in 06, around this time last year they made people switch to logging in with their Gmail account or you could use your Youtube username but the account still needed to be linked to a Gmail account.

After some quick Google searching, I found you can log into your current Youtube account from a computer and go into your settings and link it to another email (that email being your Gmail account). Thus giving you the ability to log into the mobile app with your Gmail name and password and still have your stuff linked.