Your Warranty Replacement just might be a Droid 2 / Incredible

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Aug 19, 2010.

1. SonRK

SonRK Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Went to the Verizon store for my falling keys and problematic headphone jack. Looks like they are sending me a refurbed D1, which I don't mind (Didn't have to go through Asurion and pay the deductible).

Too bad it's not the X or 2 though! :p

2. azpilot

azpilot Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My brother is going through this now, they were supposed to ship the unit and get to him Tuesday, forgot to ship they said, then it was well there are no D1 anywhere, oh but we found 1 last one and shipped that to you so you should get it Weds. He asked about a D2 or Incredible, they told him drop dead your not getting one. He asked about the warranty he pays for and since they don't have any what does he do, they said to bad cancel and go someplace else. Nice Verizon.. he told them drop dead and looks like he is going to sprint now. I don't hold a lot of faith if something happens to my D1 that they will say the same. Hope others have better luck with their warranty replacements.

3. SonRK

SonRK Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are they supposed to give you a tracking number? I went to the Verizon store on Monday and they said they had no D1s in stock at the store, so they will ship it to me FedEx 2nd day.

I should be receiving it today, I suppose. That's what the tech rep also said, but some people said they receive tracking numbers in email/? I have yet to get one of those. I guess I will wait the whole day and see what happens. Tomorrow I get to call them up and complain if nothing happens...

4. loveisdead30

loveisdead30 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If they get the fedex set up with you while you are there or on the phone then yes they will give you a tracking number, the tech rep on the phone while I was at the store gave me my tracking number and also they emailed it. The email took about 1 day, you may want to check your spam/junk folder to make sure it didn't go there instead of inbox....

5. SonRK

SonRK Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm...nothing. I got a receipt from them too from the store, but nothing looks like a Fedex tracking number.

6. Panamakevin

Panamakevin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am getting my refurb Droid 1 either today or tomorrow... No Droid 2 or X, but i went through Verizon, they said they have plenty of refurbs in a warehouse so maybe if my next one starts hitting insane high temps and freezing I will get something else... My warranty is good until December so we shall see...

As for the tracking number... no luck on that one... just hoping i'm home to sign for it :)

7. Panamakevin

Panamakevin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What is Asurion? Is that something you sign up for or are they partnered with Verizon? I went to their website and didn't understand if you pay them as 3rd party insurance company or if they are the company that verizon goes through... just curious...

8. bigtex52

bigtex52 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Assurion is the third party insurer who administers Verizon's extended warranties on their phones. If you buy an extended warranty through Verizon, you've got Assurion.

9. Panamakevin

Panamakevin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ohhh... Ok, thats kinda what I thought but I just wanted to make sure, I am definitely going to get an extended warranty on my next phone, just wanted to find out more details... thanks!

10. SonRK

SonRK Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Soooooo....

Went to Verizon store today, asked about my tracking number. Said they haven't shipped yet. Should be shipped today or tomorrow.

If I don't get anything in the emails by Friday I;m going to complain that I cannot use my phone in this condition, and see if they rush me a better phone :p

11. jimmiet

jimmiet Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just went round and round with Asurion and Verizon, since my D1 lost it's signal yesterday and has been WAY less than spotty since, and was told the only things Asurion are replacing the D1 with are the Eris, Devour, and LG Ally as of Aug. 24th, and soon to be only offering just the Devour only as the D1's replacement. Even Verizon's Tech. Support will only be issuing Devours when a replacement is needed for a D1 in the future. This conversation took place with a Verizon CSR and a Asurion Supervisor named Tom less than 1 hour ago.

12. bigtex52

bigtex52 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    If that's the case, there will be a class action somewhere down the line, because the two phones are not even close to being equals. Sounds like a scam to me.

Search tags for this page

how to cheat asurion

htc incredible warranty

ijust 2 warrenty