Your Warranty Replacement just might be a Droid 2 / Incredible

xmguy

Reaction score
Really... I'm sure this has probably been discussed in another thread, but why wouldn't you want the newest? Are there any reasons the D1 is better than the D2?

2 words. "Locked Bootloader". With the D2 I can't have SPrecovery.
No Nandroid backups. So I want to keep the D1. Besides the D2 is the SAME as the D1 except for the faster processor and improved keyboard.

Ouch... but couldn't the bootloader be unlocked? Hrmmm... Nandroid has saved my ass on more than one (hundred) occasion(s)... but that processor is 2x the original... thats a tough call...

Not for me. Speed isn't a big deal. Only if it had a WORKING FM radio would it be a tough call.

Codiusprie

Reaction score
Really... I'm sure this has probably been discussed in another thread, but why wouldn't you want the newest? Are there any reasons the D1 is better than the D2?

2 words. "Locked Bootloader". With the D2 I can't have SPrecovery.
No Nandroid backups. So I want to keep the D1. Besides the D2 is the SAME as the D1 except for the faster processor and improved keyboard.

Ouch... but couldn't the bootloader be unlocked? Hrmmm... Nandroid has saved my ass on more than one (hundred) occasion(s)... but that processor is 2x the original... thats a tough call...

It seems like Devs are confident that roms will be made available for the D2 but I haven't seen any guarantee. Every review I have read that isn't blatantly biased in favor of Android has said the new processor does not make the D2 feel any faster than the droid. It really wouldn't be a tough call for me unless we were sure we were going to be able to get custom roms onto the phone.

Panamakevin

Reaction score
It seems like Devs are confident that roms will be made available for the D2 but I haven't seen any guarantee. Every review I have read that isn't blatantly biased in favor of Android has said the new processor does not make the D2 feel any faster than the droid. It really wouldn't be a tough call for me unless we were sure we were going to be able to get custom roms onto the phone.

Well, I'm sure someone will figure it out... Its just a matter of when... I think if I get the chance I'll grab the D2, but if i don't get that opportunity then I won't be too disappointed... I love my droid and the D2 just sounds like a slightly faster, curvier version...

Does the D2 have better resolution? I watch a whole lot of movies and tv shows on my droid

Codiusprie

Reaction score

Well, I'm sure someone will figure it out... Its just a matter of when... I think if I get the chance I'll grab the D2, but if i don't get that opportunity then I won't be too disappointed... I love my droid and the D2 just sounds like a slightly faster, curvier version...

Does the D2 have better resolution? I watch a whole lot of movies and tv shows on my droid

I would not be so sure of that, the Moto Milestone (Euro Droid) still doesn't have custom roms. No, the screen and camera are the same. Honestly I am pretty underwhelmed by the D2. It does not seem like a worthy successor to the Droid but I am, of course, biased.

xmguy

Reaction score
I called VZW tonight. The rep tonight told me not to worry. There is not "suitable replacement" listed in the system for the D1. So I'd get the same phone now or later.

carcrazygts2

Reaction score
Well I am getting DX. My Droid replacement showed up this evening with a loose screen and broke head phone Jack. So I called and complained. I am on VZW back order list. Motorola really needs to get there act together. After an hour on the phone I was able to get the upgrade with no extension of my contract. Once it was processed I had the supervisor do a inventory status for the local store near me as I can not go without a phone because it is how I make a living. Just fyi there are no motor droids ( original, X, 2) within a radius of 500 miles of me.

SonRK

Reaction score
No tracking number yet for my supposed replacement for my Droid 1. Looks like I gotta call Verizon tomorrow and see what's up

carcrazygts2

Reaction score
No tracking number yet for my supposed replacement for my Droid 1. Looks like I gotta call Verizon tomorrow and see what's up

If you went through VZW they wont send a tracking number to you. If you call it is not a problem.

SonRK

Reaction score
Well when I was the store, I was told specifically that they would email me a tracking number, but I guess it could be an uninformed employee

carcrazygts2

Reaction score
The VZW system puts a electronic note on your account. It is not done by a person. Mark one the uninformed employee. BTW all DC and D2 have a estimated ship date of Sept 10.

Codiusprie

Reaction score
I am kind of worried at this point. My Droid has a few issues that I would like to get taken care of, the head phone jack has a few problems, the "k" and "l" keys both require a lot of force to work, but I am not liking the idea of getting a refurbed phone. I got my phone in late March, should I wait till later in the year to see about getting a replacement? I would really like a new working Droid but if I had to take a DX or D2 it wouldn't be the end of the world. They come with a year warranty correct?

SonRK

Reaction score
Welp, I was in my basement this morning when I heard the doorbell ring. It was FedEx with my Refurbished Droid. I guess I can't complain, since I got a Droid instead of the nasty little downgrades. I hope this one is in good shape

andrew149

Reaction score
what are some common accepted claims? or common problems the droid may get
-some D1s have call quality issues (voice sounds muffled on the other end)
-power button loses resistance/"clickiness"

I got my D1 replaced with a refurb for both of the above situations

i had that excact issue people said it sounded like i was on speaker and really far others said it sounds like i was speaking too closly to the mic... the verizon people on the phone said they never heard of this and others in the store too,,, verizon replaced my phone with a droid 1 refurb this is my 2nd phone now

the11

Reaction score
i was expecting my D1 replacement to arrive yesterday and it did not. VZW rep told be there was a bit of a delay, but i should be receiving a D1 in the next few days. he made a note to let me know when it was being shipped, fwiw.

Panamakevin

Reaction score
i was expecting my D1 replacement to arrive yesterday and it did not. VZW rep told be there was a bit of a delay, but i should be receiving a D1 in the next few days. he made a note to let me know when it was being shipped, fwiw.

At least you know it was shipped... I called in to find out my tracking number because i was curious why it hadn't been delivered yet and VZW had apparently open a ticket to send me a new phone and closed it without sending the phone... supposedly I'll be gettin my refurb tomorrow...

My problems were - Super hot and freezing constantly, del button on physical keyboard barely worked, and headphone jack was glitchy...