Your Warranty Replacement just might be a Droid 2 / Incredible

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
atleast you got overnight they shipped mine 2 day. but i just got the email saying its shipped

i payed for it. never got a tracking number for either. technically they still have till the late fed ex shipment, but would of thought it'd be here already. if it's not here tonight, def gunna call and complain for my money back for the overnight

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
gunna give them the benefit of the doubt, it's been storming here for the last 8 hours, so we'll see what happens

xmguy

Reaction score
If I have to file a claim to get my Droid 1 replaced. I want another DROID 1! Not anything else. Not the X or Droid 2. Why?! They locked the bootloader. I'd fight to get a Droid 1.

grembling22

Reaction score
Been a reader for a while just never posted.

Back in late July I broke my D1. Called asurion and they had no D1 in stock. I was offered three lesser equivelents. I kept explaining that the models they were offering did not have comparable specs, and because I am CONSTANTLY using my phone for work things and that any other phone would only slow me down and result in loss of productivity.

I had to speak with 2 reps and a manager. I argued with the manager for about 45 min. He must have seriously said no over 200 times before he finally agreed to ship me the droidx. I got it next day :). All in all I spent about 2 hours on the phone with the 2 reps and the manager. Well worth it IMHO for the droidx.

It is VERY possible, it just requires a little work. In the time I talked with the manager he did say they eventually planned on offering the droid2 and droidx as replacement for the D1, just not at that time due to limited stock.

pathfin9

Reaction score
Just got shipping confirmation. Guess no Droid 2 or X for me...lol....but at least I'll be able to root again! Hopefully I'll get a freak Droid and be able to overclock better than my current one.

-John

SonRK

Reaction score
Went to the Verizon store for my falling keys and problematic headphone jack. Looks like they are sending me a refurbed D1, which I don't mind (Didn't have to go through Asurion and pay the deductible).

Too bad it's not the X or 2 though! :p

azpilot

Reaction score
My brother is going through this now, they were supposed to ship the unit and get to him Tuesday, forgot to ship they said, then it was well there are no D1 anywhere, oh but we found 1 last one and shipped that to you so you should get it Weds. He asked about a D2 or Incredible, they told him drop dead your not getting one. He asked about the warranty he pays for and since they don't have any what does he do, they said to bad cancel and go someplace else. Nice Verizon.. he told them drop dead and looks like he is going to sprint now. I don't hold a lot of faith if something happens to my D1 that they will say the same. Hope others have better luck with their warranty replacements.

SonRK

Reaction score
Are they supposed to give you a tracking number? I went to the Verizon store on Monday and they said they had no D1s in stock at the store, so they will ship it to me FedEx 2nd day.

I should be receiving it today, I suppose. That's what the tech rep also said, but some people said they receive tracking numbers in email/? I have yet to get one of those. I guess I will wait the whole day and see what happens. Tomorrow I get to call them up and complain if nothing happens...

loveisdead30

Reaction score
If they get the fedex set up with you while you are there or on the phone then yes they will give you a tracking number, the tech rep on the phone while I was at the store gave me my tracking number and also they emailed it. The email took about 1 day, you may want to check your spam/junk folder to make sure it didn't go there instead of inbox....

SonRK

Reaction score
Hmmm...nothing. I got a receipt from them too from the store, but nothing looks like a Fedex tracking number.

Panamakevin

Reaction score
I am getting my refurb Droid 1 either today or tomorrow... No Droid 2 or X, but i went through Verizon, they said they have plenty of refurbs in a warehouse so maybe if my next one starts hitting insane high temps and freezing I will get something else... My warranty is good until December so we shall see...

As for the tracking number... no luck on that one... just hoping i'm home to sign for it :)

Panamakevin

Reaction score
What is Asurion? Is that something you sign up for or are they partnered with Verizon? I went to their website and didn't understand if you pay them as 3rd party insurance company or if they are the company that verizon goes through... just curious...

bigtex52

Reaction score
Assurion is the third party insurer who administers Verizon's extended warranties on their phones. If you buy an extended warranty through Verizon, you've got Assurion.

Panamakevin

Reaction score
Ohhh... Ok, thats kinda what I thought but I just wanted to make sure, I am definitely going to get an extended warranty on my next phone, just wanted to find out more details... thanks!