Your Warranty Replacement just might be a Droid 2 / Incredible

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Aug 19, 2010.

1. hendrixj92

hendrixj92 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    finaly after talkin got the supervisor and after 3 consecutive DOA droids, they kindly admitted they screwed me over and are sending me a droid 2

2. lmapp

lmapp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry...can't resist: How did they screw you over?

3. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my second refurb, was a D1.

But it runs so much better than my previous D1, don't know why... but I'm happy.

4. Tino

Tino Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They kept sending him perfectly re-certified D1's instead of a brand new D2!

My 1st re-certified screen felt like it would snap off, my second was perfect. I really doubt you could get 3 and have major issues with all three. Please enlighten us with the specific issues of each...

5. lmapp

lmapp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Damn them...

6. hendrixj92

hendrixj92 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    droid #1: (weeks before people started getting droid 2s) buttons K J ans Shift stopped working.
    droid #2: Vibrate stopped working.
    droid #3: Arrived with broken speaker, earpiece, and didnt activate.
    droid #4: Arrived with broken SD card slot.
    droid #5: Arrived and wouldn't turn on.
    (droids number 3-5 were with in the past 5 days)

number 5 arrived today and instead of going through the bullcrap the Verizon Reps say (because all the ones i talked to didnt give a crap about the issue), i asked for the supervisor. the supervisor realized that the issue and apologized and offered me the D2.

i wasn't into this to get a D2. i asked for the supervisor because all the Reps i talked to really didn't seem like that gave a crap what i had to say.

7. lmapp

lmapp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    About to change carriers (coverage issues) and my screen went out Thursday on my D1. Received replacement today (refurb), and it's like a new phone. I don't ever remember my screen being this responsive.

Happy ending with this one. Now, if anyone is looking for a "like new" droid...:)

8. cptncoke

cptncoke New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well i got my my CLNR on monday and seen to be just fine just like my 1st droid was when i first got it so i hope it last.

9. CorkYRogers

CorkYRogers Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I sent back another refurb on Monday. My 5th overall and 2nd in a week. This time the bottom left of the keyboard looked dented in. I can't even begin to describe it really, but I didn't take a chance. I called Verizon and just asked them if any tech can just help me fix the current phone I have now (gets really hot, shuts off about once a day, or it'll reboot itself about 3 times a day, massive battery drain). After the usual routine, "battery pull, reboot, reset to stock", I told the tech guy to just forget it. He wanted to send me another phone I just said no thanks and hung up. I was just so disgruntled with the whole situation.

About an hr later I got a phone call asking to be part of the Verizon customer service survey. Which I thought was weird b/c I didn't ask to partake in it. Anyways, answered honestly, at the end you can leave a detailed a msg, so I did. Basically stated I was on my 5th Droid, 4 having to be refurbs. Wish that instead of having the people at the store just do a battery pull and sending you a refurb they actually try fixing a phone. Also felt like I was an idiot b/c every tech person swore to me I had issues that no else has had. Today at work, a message was left from a Customer Service manager, so I'm going to call her back and just see what happens.

10. CorkYRogers

CorkYRogers Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, I just wanted to clarify, the tech wanted to send me another refurb out.

11. cptncoke

cptncoke New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well that sucks. I just hope this one is not a bad one too bc i really like my droid (stock that is) its a great phone but ill guess time will tell.

12. jasaero

jasaero New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All these stories make me wonder what is up with VZW with the Droids and now the Fascinate. When you have such popular devices you and want to claim you offer warranty replacements you have to talk to the manufacturers about providing new units as warranty replacements also. I'm still kinda scratching my head why the Droid is going out of production before the first one built is even out of it's warranty?? VZW really needs to wize up and start offering new devices for warranty on these low availability new products or they will loose a lot of customers they just received that are still getting used to the sticker shock of VZW bills. I thought service A LOT better than this was part of the reason for that extra cost?? I should NOT have to wait for a USED phone in the mail when they CLAIM to have warranty swaps available in their stores!! This is just wacked. I asked the gal at the local VZW store what sorta phones they did have available to give out as warranty swaps and she basically said OLD JUNK PHONES. But basically claimed the smartphone stock shows up for short spurts giving you a lottery of sorts when you walk in for a warranty swap.

All the talk on here about how expecting a new phone is fraudulent is bunk. If you have a flawed phone and the providers claims they do warranty swaps at the store and has stock of the new version of your phone you SHOULD get that as the swap, PERIOD!! It cost Moto NO MORE to produce a Droid2 than it does a Droid1 or they wouldn't have just shut down droid1 production 100%. Also they wouldn't be priced EXACTLY the same if this were not similar in cost to build.

Basically I had no clue warranty replacement meant junk recycled phones when I signed up for Verizon. That probably works great for nonsmart phones as most issues are 100% hardware. Smartphones returns can be mostly software, but MANY can SEEM to be software when they are infact flawed hardware that works, but is unstable. You can't just reflash and recycle such devices without lots of troubles. I am sure there is some sorta test equipment they could use to make sure the hardware is good also, but that would probably cost more to verify than just handing out new handsets. Get with the program Verizon!! CLNR is NOT gonna cut it with smartphones and NONE of you folks should be accepting such without a fight. If this were the behavior of a MetroPCS, T-mo or Sprint cost service provider fine, but we are paying plenty for them to handle our blems more proper like if VZW wants to be a hardware retailer and service provider that also does hardware Warranty service.

Search tags for this page

how to cheat asurion

htc incredible warranty

ijust 2 warrenty