Your Warranty Replacement just might be a Droid 2 / Incredible

jasaero

Reaction score
FINALLY got my replacement D1 CLNJ(Cosmetically Looks New Junk). Looks nice and new. Slider is screwed up though. doesn't slide as nice as my early build droid that is heavily used even and my wifes later build and less used phone is like butter compared to either. Not gonna fault this, even though it basically hoses the "Like New" aspect of CLNR on the fancy stickers they put all over this junk. What a HORRIBLE way to waist my subscription dollars. Fancying these things up to "Like New" is totally pointless if you aren't going to get it right. When I slide it, it feels like total junk compared to either of our original devices. Most likely cause it was disassembled and reassembled poorly.

Is it the manufacturer or some contracted out shop to VZW doing this? It's good enough I guess if I don't have any other issues as the Micro USB port is real firm and it is in as good or better shape than my old faithful. Although a bit too firm on the USB jack at first and seemly pulled out a few chunks of plastic that hold the little contact wires, but that might be from using my cord with the totally hosed jack on the one I am replacing. After a few jacks it seems to seat correctly without too much force. At first it was firm, but seemed to seat wrong until you pushed really hard.

Will report after a week or so of use on stability and such. This silly though as it's a lot of effort.

I am returning my latest CLNJ for a crappy slider. sounds just like yours. was pretty happy with it otherwise. So far since November i am on my 4th droid.
The CS rep told me that they send the phones to motorola for repair, but ship them out from verizon. I asked him what my options are if this next device is faulty and he said i have 24 months for replacements. Then he said my only other option was to sell it and buy a device retail. He mentioned a new program they have where they are selling refurbs with accessories for big savings. They will have 1 yr warranties. Guess too many are trying to beat the system.
Good luck

Yeah. It's junk feeling slide, but the phone seems just as stable as mine and despite the initial chipping of some plastic in the MicroUSB it seems to seat more proper than my original ever had. Will probably keep it as I didn't expect perfection from a CLNJ and functionally it seems to be decent enough.

I have given them a lot of he11 more for the lack of swaps in the store. You could check a few and take the ones with the best slide and obvious first hand stuff if they had them in the stores rather than warehouses. If they don't have enough CLNJ's to do store and mail swaps both they should be WAY more willing to offer some new devices. Particularly if you have a 100% authentic warranty issue. I might have even just considered my USB issue normal wear and tear if my wife didn't have the same phone with an obviously better jack from the get go. The CLNJ's just amaze me though cause the new droid1's seem to have been a lot nicer. Oh well, I will be giving VZW a real hard time come contract shopping time over this one.

moonstar

Reaction score
Got my replacement in the mail this morning. It was a refurb D1, not D2. Can't activate it because the touch screen won't let me type in my phone number.

Tino

Reaction score
FINALLY got my replacement D1 CLNJ(Cosmetically Looks New Junk). Looks nice and new. Slider is screwed up though. doesn't slide as nice as my early build droid that is heavily used even and my wifes later build and less used phone is like butter compared to either. Not gonna fault this, even though it basically hoses the "Like New" aspect of CLNR on the fancy stickers they put all over this junk. What a HORRIBLE way to waist my subscription dollars. Fancying these things up to "Like New" is totally pointless if you aren't going to get it right. When I slide it, it feels like total junk compared to either of our original devices. Most likely cause it was disassembled and reassembled poorly.

Is it the manufacturer or some contracted out shop to VZW doing this? It's good enough I guess if I don't have any other issues as the Micro USB port is real firm and it is in as good or better shape than my old faithful. Although a bit too firm on the USB jack at first and seemly pulled out a few chunks of plastic that hold the little contact wires, but that might be from using my cord with the totally hosed jack on the one I am replacing. After a few jacks it seems to seat correctly without too much force. At first it was firm, but seemed to seat wrong until you pushed really hard.

Will report after a week or so of use on stability and such. This silly though as it's a lot of effort.

I am returning my latest CLNJ for a crappy slider. sounds just like yours. was pretty happy with it otherwise. So far since November i am on my 4th droid.
The CS rep told me that they send the phones to motorola for repair, but ship them out from verizon. I asked him what my options are if this next device is faulty and he said i have 24 months for replacements. Then he said my only other option was to sell it and buy a device retail. He mentioned a new program they have where they are selling refurbs with accessories for big savings. They will have 1 yr warranties. Guess too many are trying to beat the system.
Good luck

Yeah. It's junk feeling slide, but the phone seems just as stable as mine and despite the initial chipping of some plastic in the MicroUSB it seems to seat more proper than my original ever had. Will probably keep it as I didn't expect perfection from a CLNJ and functionally it seems to be decent enough.

I have given them a lot of he11 more for the lack of swaps in the store. You could check a few and take the ones with the best slide and obvious first hand stuff if they had them in the stores rather than warehouses. If they don't have enough CLNJ's to do store and mail swaps both they should be WAY more willing to offer some new devices. Particularly if you have a 100% authentic warranty issue. I might have even just considered my USB issue normal wear and tear if my wife didn't have the same phone with an obviously better jack from the get go. The CLNJ's just amaze me though cause the new droid1's seem to have been a lot nicer. Oh well, I will be giving VZW a real hard time come contract shopping time over this one.

No one cares. That includes Verizon. They would rather have you go to AT&T then deal with ONE unruly customer.

everstar80

Reaction score
Got my replacement in the mail this morning. It was a refurb D1, not D2. Can't activate it because the touch screen won't let me type in my phone number.

Alot of the posters are right. It is better to go in the store and be persistent. With all the money we pay mothly for service and insurance demand better service. And don't accept something less than the device you originally had. Good luck.

xmguy

Reaction score
Good luck

No one cares. That includes Verizon. They would rather have you go to AT&T then deal with ONE unruly customer.

I agree 100%!!!

zenman77

Reaction score
Well............ Let's see how this works. Verizon is shipping out a CLNJ Droid 1 for me today as my power button is no longer working. I'm not angling for a new phone and thrilled with my original Droid so I'm just hoping that the one I receive is as good as the one that I'm replacing. I'm a glass is half full kind of guy so I'll keep you up to date on my experience after reading so many horror stories on here lol...............

MaCe

Reaction score
after months of issues and complaining and 2 droid eris phones .. they just sent her a new droid 2 .. pretty sweet

xmguy

Reaction score
As long as a replacement for me is a Droid 1 (fully like new) or higher I'm happy. If VZW tried to offer me anything less I'd reject it.

BeADroid

Reaction score
I developed an issue with my screen. called VZW twice, first guy had me factory reset 3 times. 2nd guy asked a few questions, said you will get a new phone, oh wait there are no more Droid 1 until Monday, do you want a Droid 2 or Droid x? I said X now, please. but alas, that was not to be, Droid x was out of stock. so I am getting a Droid 2 tomorrow. Yea ME!!

S

shaiknbaik

im not gonna go and break my phone or anything, and you shouldnt either,a lot of stores still have droid 1 refurbs. im gonna wait until january or so, maybe something on my phone will fudge up, i do have a question tho. what are some common accepted claims? or common problems the droid may get

well i droped my droid and the screen wouldn't light up so u couldn't see what you were doing and i got a new droid but u can always brick it and hope they don't see the rooted stuff just a suggestion Hope it helps

S

shaiknbaik

I developed an issue with my screen. called VZW twice, first guy had me factory reset 3 times. 2nd guy asked a few questions, said you will get a new phone, oh wait there are no more Droid 1 until Monday, do you want a Droid 2 or Droid x? I said X now, please. but alas, that was not to be, Droid x was out of stock. so I am getting a Droid 2 tomorrow. Yea ME!!

wow thats sick!! i want that to happen to me i would like the x

bhughesiii

Reaction score
I have a static issue that has not been too much an issue for the past few months but has recently gotten worse. Bad enough to the point that it is as loud as the person I am talking to. They do not hear it, but I do. Also with full signal strength conversations cut out which doesn't make too much sense. Alas, I am calling Verizon today about the issue and if they replace my phone it will most likely be a refurb D1 which is ok since I can re-root it and all.

Firesong3k

Reaction score
The problem with that is... their 'issues' that the phone has probably wouldn't happen if they had to take it to the store and show it to a rep! Its much easier to say things are wrong to a person who can't see the phone!!

Alot of the posters are right. It is better to go in the store and be persistent. With all the money we pay mothly for service and insurance demand better service. And don't accept something less than the device you originally had. Good luck.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bhughesiii

Reaction score
The problem with that is... their 'issues' that the phone has probably wouldn't happen if they had to take it to the store and show it to a rep! Its much easier to say things are wrong to a person who can't see the phone!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

True, if I took it too the store (where there are lots of people and background noise) They would probably not hear it or attribute it to background noise. But I hear it when I am in an absolute quiet place. No outside noise that would affect the phone.