Your Warranty Replacement just might be a Droid 2 / Incredible

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +16
    i believe they are sending regular droid1 now

2. jaw4bama

jaw4bama Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, this is correct. Just talked to customer service and droid 1 is back in stock.

3. Detonation

Detonation Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Well it looks like I'll be getting a refurb D1 when it comes tomorrow. O well, my current D1 is in mint condition (case+protector since day 1) but has been locking up randomly since the first 2.2 OTA, so I'll just take both into the store and tell them I'm not downgrading my phone to a refurb, I'll just deal with lock up issues. I kind of hope my replacement is in somewhat poorer shape actually, more leverage to say give me a new phone if this is what your replacements normally are.

4. eeaarrll

eeaarrll Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont really care if this sounds rude. I was getting bored of my DROID (I'm not into keyboards, just android) so I took out some necessary files from /system and screwed up the OS. I unrooted and made sure everything was still messed up. I called VZW and said I was having operating system problems. They werent even reluctant to send me a new phone. The first two were DROID1 but now I have an Incredible. If you really want a replacement without the hassle, tell them its a software issue. Software issues are rare and they are to lazy to tell you how to fix it so just say you already did multiple factory resets and they will send you one the next day. :)

5. Ataranine

Ataranine Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently they're all in Texas waiting to be sent out to unsuspecting Verizon customers.
    And they're not even supposed to be carrying them anymore.

6. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +16
    and this is why they put those extra charges on us

7. dwoid

dwoid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting, last night I called VZW 611 Customer Service and asked if I could order a Droid1 for a new line. They tried all kinds options over a period of about 30 minutes, including calling their supplier and calling the local (within 40 miles of my location) brick-and-mortar stores, and could not find a single one available. The only option was to purchase a Droid 2, which I wasn't interested in doing at this time.

Perhaps it depends on who you talk to and where you are located. I'm in Southern California and couldn't get anywhere with them trying to get a Droid 1.

I got absolutely no indication that I was being lied to over the 30 minutes we worked on this, by the way. As far as I could tell, the representative was honestly trying to locate one for me. And he new I would have opened a new line on my account if they had been able to find one. Verizon has always been good to me in the past and I have no indication that this call was any different.

If I have to return one of our Droids under warranty, I'll require a keyboard, something that runs all my paid for software, and something that fits our existing accessories. That pretty much means a Droid1 or more likely a Droid2.

In 11 months my Droid1 will be up for replacement. Given how far we've come, I'm expecting some amazing phones will be available by then.

dancedroid

8. bronx finest

bronx finest Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I received another CLNR Droid1, feels solid though. Guess since I've gotten 2 CLNR Droid1s this past week, I burned up all my chances of getting a Droid2.

Oh well. Glad it worked for everyone else though.

9. sevenstars004

sevenstars004 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know that around mid-July, Asurion was "trying" to replace broken Droids with (haha) Droid Eris, Motorola Devour, and LG Envy (really?!?!). http://www.androidmsg.com/2010/07/2...ased-may-have-to-settle-for-a-low-end-device/
    I think this lasted (literally) about 2 days; after a massive flood of complaints. People were probably showing up at Asurion's doors with torches and pitchforks. At any rate, they started replacing Droids with Moto Droid X or HTC Incredible (again, this is just from the Android news feeds I read).
    In the past two weeks, I had an issue with my Droid, and VZW replaced it themselves with another Droid (I did stress on the phone that I wanted a Droid 1, nothing else). The replacement wouldnt pick up wifi, so they sent me another droid (original droid 1, refurb) which worked fine. I don't know where Asurion pulls their stock, or how close-knit they are with VZW, but Big Red, at least must have Droid 1s in stock.

10. fevs

fevs New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So has anyone received a phone other the the droid 1 from fort worth tx

11. Dark-V

Dark-V Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Enjoy your crappy battery life. Screwing with the system just to receive a new phone probably isn't the right way to go about it. Yes, had I not heard about the possible D2 upgrade I wouldn't have called up VZW for a replacement, as my issue doesn't mess with the operation of the phone. But most of us have real issue with the phones. I'm just hoping they send me a D2, not breaking it until they send me something else.

12. Dark-V

Dark-V Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got my replacement. It's an original Droid. Guess they are not out of stock.

This one seems to be working! No more crackling and popping headphone issues!

Search tags for this page

how to cheat asurion

htc incredible warranty

ijust 2 warrenty