Your Warranty Replacement just might be a Droid 2 / Incredible

Codiusprie

Reaction score
Folks, I want to remind everyone that discussing how to 'get Verizon' to upgrade your phone to another model just because you want what's newer is considered Fraud.

We can't, and don't condone that here.

You're reading a different discussion. I had a legitimate issue that was deemed to warrant a replacement phone. The replacement phones they've sent me have been crap. I'm getting fed up with it, particularly the substandard customer service I've gotten along the way. A number of people got upgrades for free without asking. A number of other people got upgrades for free by asking. This proves that verizon is,at worst, ambivalent to the idea of sending out a newer phone as a replacement for a perpetually malfunctioning older model.

No, he isn't. I would say that about 80% of this thread has been people hoping and wishing to get a new D2 or DX. I am not saying people have broken their phones or anything, but I will say that they probably wouldn't be raising such a stink if there wasn't the possibility of a D2 or DX.

SlvrEvoIX

Reaction score
Got a new like new certified droid 1 and I couldn't be happier. This one has the "flat" buttons instead of the raised but I can actually type faster now.

And the best thing is that IT WORKS.. It was rooted and overclocked within 15 minutes of ownership lol.

ldequatro

Reaction score
Look, I agree with that and everything, but what it comes down to is that it's the simple fact that you can get something better and faster by not paying anything.. it's very rare that that even happens in todays world. Am I one of the greedy ones? Yeah, of course I am.. but if verizon makes it easy to do then why not?? I have been with verizon since I've owned a phone, I've spent huge amounts of money on not just phone plans, but data plans as well, and also on upgrades that weren't free. So will I take something thats better and free without having to do much work? I will all day baby.

Codiusprie

Reaction score
Look, I agree with that and everything, but what it comes down to is that it's the simple fact that you can get something better and faster by not paying anything.. it's very rare that that even happens in todays world. Am I one of the greedy ones? Yeah, of course I am.. but if verizon makes it easy to do then why not?? I have been with verizon since I've owned a phone, I've spent huge amounts of money on not just phone plans, but data plans as well, and also on upgrades that weren't free. So will I take something thats better and free without having to do much work? I will all day baby.

Look, I mean, I agree that taking candy from a baby is bad. But Jesus, I pay taxes and those taxes go to schools so really one day I will put that baby through school so it is ok if I steal candy from the baby. Also it is easy, that doesn't happen much these days.

bigtex52

Reaction score

And the rest of us pay more for the next phones we buy so Verizon can maintain their margin. Who do you think pays for those new phones?

If you are standing by a cash register and the cashier walks away for a moment with the drawer left open, you don't just help yourself to a little cash do you? Or maybe you do. :dry:

shanewprice

Reaction score

Uh huh...I agree to a point. If they offer fine, but demanding it because you can, not right. If you want a new phone before your upgrade then you should pay retail. The only things that actions such as this cost is higher overhead for Verizon and Assurion alike. So essentially you pay for this at some point through either increased rate plans or increased insurance premiums.

bhall238

Reaction score
I dont really care if this sounds rude. I was getting bored of my DROID (I'm not into keyboards, just android) so I took out some necessary files from /system and screwed up the OS. I unrooted and made sure everything was still messed up. I called VZW and said I was having operating system problems. They werent even reluctant to send me a new phone. The first two were DROID1 but now I have an Incredible. If you really want a replacement without the hassle, tell them its a software issue. Software issues are rare and they are to lazy to tell you how to fix it so just say you already did multiple factory resets and they will send you one the next day. :)
and this is why they put those extra charges on us

Malvado, you are so right, nothing is free. Someone pays, and I hate it that we are paying because someone gets bored and won't honor their contract. And then to offer advice and encouragment for others to do the same and brag about the deception like it was something to be proud of.

This is not directed to people that really have phone problems. I would not want a refurb either; it could go out any minute and leave me stranded (my wife and I have both had bad experiences with refurbs). But then if my original Droid was truly unavailable as new, I might have to consider a refurb because I also have a car dock, a home dock, the oversized extended battery as well as the Seidio charger for it. They wouldn't do anything about replacing those things....

cabagekiller

Reaction score
I just got my phone replaced and it is a CLNR droid1. I hope it isn't janky like the others I have heard people talking about.

cptncoke

Reaction score
i just used my warranty bc my droid was locking up and i did 2 hard resets and still locks up ( the only way to get to unlock is pulling the battery out) so my ? is does the phone come from moto or ASURION bc i dont want my phone to come from ASURION if its under the warranty i should come from moto right. When i worked for Nextel all warranty phones came from moto.

wmnomore

Reaction score
^Just got mine replaced under the 1 year warranty thru verizon. Not sure who it actually comes from, but it's not an insurance replacement due to a software problem.
This is the best way to go, because it's free.

cabagekiller

Reaction score
I just got my phone replaced and it is a CLNR droid1. I hope it isn't janky like the others I have heard people talking about.

My CLNR is actually really good. It has a straight flat keyboard though, but it can handle 1.2Ghz ulv CHevyNo1 kernel.

bigtex52

Reaction score

My CLNR is actually really good. It has a straight flat keyboard though, but it can handle 1.2Ghz ulv CHevyNo1 kernel.

It probably was turned in by someone looking for a free upgrade to an X or 2. My D1 is still tight and kicking strong and no way would I send it back unless it dies. dancedroid

Dark-V

Reaction score
I guess I was an unlucky one :(

My re-certified Droid 1 lags like crazy and force closes all the time. Hard reset and factory reset multiple times now. But no headphone jack issue! :dry:

Also, there were talks about a "loose screen" issue. the top left corner of my screen seems to have a good amount of play to it, so much as whenever I'm typing it taps like crazy against the phone body. If I wanted a screen that moves, I would have kept my Storm 1. Checking around with the 4 or 5 coworkers that have Droids as well, this is unique to my phone.

Is this the same issue as others were having with their "loose screen issue"?

chaz.ring

Reaction score
I got my certified good as new Incredible yesterday.....we'll see how she goes.... I thought I was getting a brand new phone. This one is my 3rd incredible. The first one didn't charge out of the box....the last one was great untill it updated, and no longer got 3G or wireless.

:soapbox: