Your Warranty Replacement just might be a Droid 2 / Incredible

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Aug 19, 2010.

1. relovat

relovat New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I received a new replacement Droid 2 today, very happy! But I have a few questions, what did you guys return in the box to send back to verizon? Did you send back your old battery from the original droid? Did you send the 16GB SD Card it came with, since it was part of the phone deal? Did you send back the charging cord? Just want to know so I don't get charged for stuff....

I did call a verizon rep and they told me to send back every single thing, even though the return package says only to send back a phone with no memory card or battery....

Thanks

2. msb

msb New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I went to Vzn in Hartsdale,ny & *****ed about how slow the display redrew itself after getting 2.2 OTA two weeks ago or so..... they would not upgrade me to the Incredible or D2 as i asked, but said they would send my another D. This was not what I wanted ... but when the FedEx box came today, there was a note inside along with a new D2 saying due to a shortage, here is a brand new D2.

Lets hope the slow display redraw goes away!
    mb

3. vedwed

vedwed Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just went to VZW store today to get my D1 replaced, the lady told me that it would be 5 to 7 days for another D1 replacement, 5 minutes later she tells me, you are getting a D2 due to a shortage of D1's at the moment, it will arrive tomorrow.

4. bigbrewww1

bigbrewww1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just did a warranty swap for the first time on saturday evening and today I got a Droid 2 from Verizon first time I ever got a free upgrade super happy with the customer service on this one.

5. _33

_33 Active Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Got mine yesterday. Brand new D1!

6. moynihan1129

moynihan1129 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got off with verizon seeking a replacement due to a headphone jack. They said they are sending a D1 refurb and I will have it by 7PM tomorrow. "You will use the same battery, battery cover & SD card....yadda yadda." I will keep my fingers crossed. Those of you that have received the D2, were you told the same thing? They said they had plenty of inventory of refurb droids and thats what they are sending out.
    Those of you rooted...are you unrooting before you send the phone back?

7. kevind

kevind Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I was told the same thing about how they will be sending a refurbished D1. I got the box yesterday and there was a brand new D2 in it. I would also definitely unroot before sending the phone back.

8. Tino

Tino Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That seems to be what they are telling everyone. I was told the same thing yesterday when I called in about my headphone jack. I will be receiving my replacement today and will keep you posted on the outcome.

9. bizzshow

bizzshow Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also got a d2 replacement yesterday sending my d1 in today

10. btfldezastr

btfldezastr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My phone's have been giving me issues that I havent caused so I first got a warranty replacement, which goes through VZW. You can take yours to a store in your area and have them troubleshoot it. if they cant fix it they'll offer you a replacement. Got one of those. Then that started giving me issues the next week so they offered another replacement. I got it via fedex today and it just so happened to be a Droid2
    :icon_ banana:

11. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Lets limit the discussion to your personal experiences. Not "Hey how can I get a D2 for free?" Those post will be deleted.

12. Ataranine

Ataranine Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was told the same thing by the lady at the store I called... however I asked her if they even had anymore Droids and she said they were on Backorder for a while and they just got the refurbed ones recently..and said I would have to take my memory card and battery and use them on the like new device etc..

Search tags for this page

how to cheat asurion

htc incredible warranty

ijust 2 warrenty