Your Warranty Replacement just might be a Droid 2 / Incredible

dwoid

Reaction score
Interesting, last night I called VZW 611 Customer Service and asked if I could order a Droid1 for a new line. They tried all kinds options over a period of about 30 minutes, including calling their supplier and calling the local (within 40 miles of my location) brick-and-mortar stores, and could not find a single one available. The only option was to purchase a Droid 2, which I wasn't interested in doing at this time.

Perhaps it depends on who you talk to and where you are located. I'm in Southern California and couldn't get anywhere with them trying to get a Droid 1.

I got absolutely no indication that I was being lied to over the 30 minutes we worked on this, by the way. As far as I could tell, the representative was honestly trying to locate one for me. And he new I would have opened a new line on my account if they had been able to find one. Verizon has always been good to me in the past and I have no indication that this call was any different.

If I have to return one of our Droids under warranty, I'll require a keyboard, something that runs all my paid for software, and something that fits our existing accessories. That pretty much means a Droid1 or more likely a Droid2.

In 11 months my Droid1 will be up for replacement. Given how far we've come, I'm expecting some amazing phones will be available by then.

dancedroid

Yes, this is correct. Just talked to customer service and droid 1 is back in stock.

bronx finest

Reaction score
I received another CLNR Droid1, feels solid though. Guess since I've gotten 2 CLNR Droid1s this past week, I burned up all my chances of getting a Droid2.

Oh well. Glad it worked for everyone else though.

sevenstars004

Reaction score
I know that around mid-July, Asurion was "trying" to replace broken Droids with (haha) Droid Eris, Motorola Devour, and LG Envy (really?!?!). http://www.androidmsg.com/2010/07/2...ased-may-have-to-settle-for-a-low-end-device/
I think this lasted (literally) about 2 days; after a massive flood of complaints. People were probably showing up at Asurion's doors with torches and pitchforks. At any rate, they started replacing Droids with Moto Droid X or HTC Incredible (again, this is just from the Android news feeds I read).
In the past two weeks, I had an issue with my Droid, and VZW replaced it themselves with another Droid (I did stress on the phone that I wanted a Droid 1, nothing else). The replacement wouldnt pick up wifi, so they sent me another droid (original droid 1, refurb) which worked fine. I don't know where Asurion pulls their stock, or how close-knit they are with VZW, but Big Red, at least must have Droid 1s in stock.

fevs

Reaction score
So has anyone received a phone other the the droid 1 from fort worth tx

Dark-V

Reaction score
I dont really care if this sounds rude. I was getting bored of my DROID (I'm not into keyboards, just android) so I took out some necessary files from /system and screwed up the OS. I unrooted and made sure everything was still messed up. I called VZW and said I was having operating system problems. They werent even reluctant to send me a new phone. The first two were DROID1 but now I have an Incredible. If you really want a replacement without the hassle, tell them its a software issue. Software issues are rare and they are to lazy to tell you how to fix it so just say you already did multiple factory resets and they will send you one the next day. :)

Enjoy your crappy battery life. Screwing with the system just to receive a new phone probably isn't the right way to go about it. Yes, had I not heard about the possible D2 upgrade I wouldn't have called up VZW for a replacement, as my issue doesn't mess with the operation of the phone. But most of us have real issue with the phones. I'm just hoping they send me a D2, not breaking it until they send me something else.

Dark-V

Reaction score
Got my replacement. It's an original Droid. Guess they are not out of stock.

This one seems to be working! No more crackling and popping headphone issues!

Detonation

Reaction score
Got my replacement and its also a D1. And, unsurprisingly, the headphone jack is bad on this one (loose and drops sound depending on position). Called about it, mentioning I know this is a common problem with Droids, and the rep immediately responded saying the manufacturer's warranty only allows for the same phone to replaced. Sounds like they know people expect D2's and they are stopping that. Given the fact that my original replacement need was because of 2.2 screwing up my phone, and I just got the new OTA fix today, I guess I'll just send the replacement back and see if mine is better. I'm thinking by the end of the year when my warranty is up, it will be a lot more likely that they'll be out of D1's completely.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Got my replacement and its also a D1. And, unsurprisingly, the headphone jack is bad on this one (loose and drops sound depending on position). Called about it, mentioning I know this is a common problem with Droids, and the rep immediately responded saying the manufacturer's warranty only allows for the same phone to replaced. Sounds like they know people expect D2's and they are stopping that. Given the fact that my original replacement need was because of 2.2 screwing up my phone, and I just got the new OTA fix today, I guess I'll just send the replacement back and see if mine is better. I'm thinking by the end of the year when my warranty is up, it will be a lot more likely that they'll be out of D1's completely.
well heres how it works...if they put u on backorder and have to wait, they most likely will send u a d2 for waiting

redsox44344

Reaction score
Will I get a replacement Droid Eris on factory warranty? I haven't seen much about the Eris on the forum.

yourname93

Reaction score
If I have to file a claim to get my Droid 1 replaced. I want another DROID 1! Not anything else. Not the X or Droid 2. Why?! They locked the bootloader. I'd fight to get a Droid 1.

those are both rooted now....

yourname93

Reaction score
so i just called verizon and i got some wasteoid dude on the fone and he was mumbling and i tried to tell him my problems which are a keyboard peeling off and a messed up hp jack and he told me to call back later.

yourname93

Reaction score
i finally just got someone with a brain after 3 hours and my replacment is in the mail. she said they were out of stock so it would be a while so heres hopin'.

SlvrEvoIX

Reaction score
My proximity sensor is effed, almost every single time I try to end a conversation my phone freezes. Rooted / unrooted doesn't matter, I took my phone in Thursday and they said it will be a while for my new one (like a week). I really don't want a droid 2. I just hope I get a droid 1 that can handle the overclocking my current droid can (chevys ulv 1.2)

Mandroidx

Reaction score
Will I get a replacement Droid Eris on factory warranty? I haven't seen much about the Eris on the forum.

Personally i wouldnt recommend getting the eris but it might just be me because when droids started rolling out i guess i got the bad batch or something cause i went through 3 of them one just shut off on me, the second just wouldnt load the interface, and the 3rd cooked itself into oblivion never rooted never over clocked stock everything

Mandroidx

Reaction score
I dont really care if this sounds rude. I was getting bored of my DROID (I'm not into keyboards, just android) so I took out some necessary files from /system and screwed up the OS. I unrooted and made sure everything was still messed up. I called VZW and said I was having operating system problems. They werent even reluctant to send me a new phone. The first two were DROID1 but now I have an Incredible. If you really want a replacement without the hassle, tell them its a software issue. Software issues are rare and they are to lazy to tell you how to fix it so just say you already did multiple factory resets and they will send you one the next day. :)

Enjoy your crappy battery life. Screwing with the system just to receive a new phone probably isn't the right way to go about it. Yes, had I not heard about the possible D2 upgrade I wouldn't have called up VZW for a replacement, as my issue doesn't mess with the operation of the phone. But most of us have real issue with the phones. I'm just hoping they send me a D2, not breaking it until they send me something else.

When my droid eris cooked itself they offered me the d2 for 60 dollars extra unfortunately i dont go for bull**** so im stuck with the ally