Your Warranty Replacement just might be a Droid 2 / Incredible

moynihan1129

Reaction score
Those of you getting a D2, do you happen to know what the shipping weight was? I'd like to compare this to my tracking info. I'd almost prefer they life up to the D1 but would prefer new....just so I can root. And new to prevent issues.

jaw4bama

Reaction score
I have been having a problem with my headphone jack for about a month and figured I might as well go ahead and get a replacement. When I called they said my DROID1 will arrive by friday and they were also taking 10% off my bill for 6 months:icon_ banana: I just hope its a Droid2 :icon_eek:

Codiusprie

Reaction score
I am somewhat worried now. I have been thinking about taking my Droid in for warranty work for a while but I really REALLY don't want a refurb unit. Hell I don't really even want a Droid2 all that much. Maybe I will wait till the end of the year and see if any other options present themselves.

Detonation

Reaction score
Question: I have had a few annoyance come up with my phone since I got it back in Dec. The screen somewhat clicks now, and some of the keyboard keys' need to be pressed harder now. These things never bothered me enough to ask for a replacement, but at the chance I could get a D2 now, it might be worth a try. However, I have kept my D1 in great condition otherwise, and would be worried if I get a refurb D1, it would actually be downgrade. If I were to get a refurb D1 and it wasn't as nice as my existnig phone, would I be able to just send that one back or take it to VZW and tell them I don't want it?

Dark-V

Reaction score
I have been having a problem with my headphone jack for about a month and figured I might as well go ahead and get a replacement. When I called they said my DROID1 will arrive by friday and they were also taking 10% off my bill for 6 months:icon_ banana: I just hope its a Droid2 :icon_eek:

What kind of issue? Mine seems to make popping and static noises whenever any headphone is plugged in and you barely touch the jack. Quite irritating even when music isn't playing at all.

Tino

Reaction score
That seems to be what they are telling everyone. I was told the same thing yesterday when I called in about my headphone jack. I will be receiving my replacement today and will keep you posted on the outcome.

I just received my order through Fedex. I received a recertified like new Droid 1. Doesn't seem to have the headphone jack issues so I'm happy. My shipping weight was 1 pound / 0.5 kg and came from Fort Worth, Texas.

jaw4bama

Reaction score

What kind of issue? Mine seems to make popping and static noises whenever any headphone is plugged in and you barely touch the jack. Quite irritating even when music isn't playing at all.

I was having the same issues and also it would randomly not work at all!

moynihan1129

Reaction score
That seems to be what they are telling everyone. I was told the same thing yesterday when I called in about my headphone jack. I will be receiving my replacement today and will keep you posted on the outcome.

I just received my order through Fedex. I received a recertified like new Droid 1. Doesn't seem to have the headphone jack issues so I'm happy. My shipping weight was 1 pound / 0.5 kg and came from Fort Worth, Texas.
Mine was just picked up in Fort Worth. 1LB.

draya1986

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
After reading this thread I decided to give it a shot with my Droid1. It ended up working and I got myself a new droid2 on the way!

I went into the Verizon store and said I was having signal issues, with the signal going on and off randomly. He looked up the stock on D1 and told me they were on backorder but he could ship me out a droid2. It'll be here Friday! Thanks guys!

Dark-V

Reaction score
Called up VZW, they are sending me a replacement. We'll find out if it's a Droid or Droid 2.

Either way, that headphone issue was annoying!

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
i just did this and they acted like ill be getting a referbished d1. she looked up the info and said the d1 isnt on back order anymore as of the 1st

Dawg

Reaction score
had to replace my d1 through verizon on friday they sent me a d2 with an apology letter that I had to wait. I didnt wait at all was quite funny Thanks VZW