Your Total Cost?

northpen

Reaction score
I purchased myn at a local Verizon affiliate, and they charged me $350 for the phone (plus a $100 rebate) instead of $299 then rebate. I asked them why I was being charged $50 more then the website and Verizon and they vaguely said they charge more then the website and they have other activation fees.

I was kinda confused but couldn't negotiate because, well there was a line of people for the phone and others calling...and this was the last phone...possibly in the region.

So far I am really happy with the phone, but that $50 kinda bugs me. If I order it online, do pay $199 or there are other fees that bring it closer to $250?

I have one more day to return it to avoid a restocking fee, but overall the phone is awesome.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
You were charged tax and an activation fee of 35.00 Im sure.

OP
N

northpen

Reaction score
Here are my total fees:

Droid X - $350
Sales Tax - $28.88
Access Fee - $39.99 (appears on first bill)
Activation Fee - $35.00 (appears on first bill)

OP
N

northpen

Reaction score
Can I return it to any Verizon store and just order it online at the real price?

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Access fee? You a new customer? that sounds like the first month of service they charged you on a new line and the cheapest plan you can get with a Droid.

Kevinb84

Reaction score
I purchased myn at a local Verizon affiliate, and they charged me $350 for the phone (plus a $100 rebate) instead of $299 then rebate. I asked them why I was being charged $50 more then the website and Verizon and they vaguely said they charge more then the website and they have other activation fees.

I was kinda confused but couldn't negotiate because, well there was a line of people for the phone and others calling...and this was the last phone...possibly in the region.

So far I am really happy with the phone, but that $50 kinda bugs me. If I order it online, do pay $199 or there are other fees that bring it closer to $250?

I have one more day to return it to avoid a restocking fee, but overall the phone is awesome.

Do you have a detailed receipt? It sounds like you just gave the rep a few extra bucks on his commission. The activation fee (provided this was a new line of service on a primary line) would have been tacked onto the next bill.

OP
N

northpen

Reaction score
Yeah I am a new customer. I figure the access fee's are normal but the extra $50 for the phone?

OP
N

northpen

Reaction score

Do you have a detailed receipt? It sounds like you just gave the rep a few extra bucks on his commission. The activation fee (provided this was a new line of service on a primary line) would have been tacked onto the next bill.

Yep receipt is very detailed. Sigh, this is what I get for trying to buy local and help out?

Kevinb84

Reaction score
Here are my total fees:

Droid X - $350
Sales Tax - $28.88
Access Fee - $39.99 (appears on first bill)
Activation Fee - $35.00 (appears on first bill)

Yeah, you definitely need to return that and get $50 back.

hendrix

Reaction score
I walked into the store, used their special smart phone upgrade promo. Payed less than $300 (instant rebate) for the phone, car dock, screen protectors, and carbon fiber case.

sheba611

Reaction score
Might be Verizon Premium Retailer

I think you purchased your Droid X from a Verizon "Premium Retailer" and not at a Verizon Corporate store. The Premium Retailer marked up the price of the Droid X an extra $50. I would return the phone and try to find a Verizon Corporate Store in your area that has the phone in stock or can order for you. If you are a new customer, I would not order online because there is no more online inventory until 7/23. You might also try a local Best Buy and see if they have stock. You will get the phone for $199 without having to deal with MIR (for a 2 year contract).

ewells2420

Reaction score
$200 with trading in a new (less than 30 days old) droid. Once I send in my rebate, it will be $100.

AGM35

Reaction score
I got mine yesterday morning from my Verizon corporate store for 199 plus tax. They gave me a 100 dollar instant rebate so I didn't have to deal with the debit card they send back.

aarnold109

Reaction score
$299
$20 early upgrade
$100 mail in rebate
free over night delivery because they didn't have any in stock in the store (got it this morning at 9:30 AM)

ext

Reaction score
$199.99 (Droid X) NO REBATE -> and I went to the retail location... somehow I got a instant rebate.

$13.99 (Tax)

$213.98, and I get a 22% discount on my bill through my work... data and voice.

$39.99 voice plan for $31.20 /m & $29.99 for data which is $23.39 with my discount.

$54.59/m + tax, not bad IMO.

-Ext