Your thoughts: Best/high resolution camera app for Razr Maxx

DROIDX2TN

Reaction score
The stock JB camera doesn't take very good pics IMHO. I'd like to hear others thoughts and suggestions on camera apps for the Razr Maxx. Thanks.

4low4fun

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think a camera application can improve your resolution. Its all hardware. All an app can do is add effects or edit the pic etc..

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think a camera application can improve your resolution. Its all hardware. All an app can do is add effects or edit the pic etc..

Megapixels dont matter, cameras are so hugh quality these days it is the software that makes or breaks them.

I don't own a motorola anymore so I cant recommend a camera app, but I know there are many threads on it if you search a little

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

OP
DROIDX2TN

DROIDX2TN

Reaction score

The phone camera is physically limited by its megapixels, but several of the apps don't use all of the resolution that is available and the stock JB phone doesn't take as clear a picture as the stock ICS camera did.

jimmysif88

Reaction score
Funny. I think jb finally woke up the stock camera. ICS and ginger not so much

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Not really..... you can have all the megapixels in the world and the limiting factor is going to be the crappy lens. A 3 megapixel camera with a good lens will take a much better picture than a 20 megapixel camera with a crappy lens.... you just end up with a much larger file. Big isn't always better...

That said, there is not really any software apps for the phone that will take a crappy picture and make it (much) better on the phone. You can use a program such as photoshop elements (and many others) to edit the pictures on your desktop computer. You can sharpen up the pictures a bit and improve the color, but it still won't be as good as a picture taken on a camera with a better lens.

David

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
The app perfectly clear works good to sharpen photos after the fact...
HDR camera seems to help a little
Both in the ps