Your take on the best moto droid ROM

ballmore

Reaction score
I've tried Cyanogen 6 RC3 build then Cyanogen 6 Stable build. Then I tried Liquid Frozen Yogurt. Then Chevy No1's Simply Stunning. Right now I am on the Shadow Rom. I liked all of the roms so far. The Shadow rom has the most options of the ones that I've tried. It is built off of Cyanogen Source with some added features. I think that the next rom I will try is going to be Utimate Droid. Just because it seems to have the most features to mess with.
Heck I think that I'm gonna go and download it right now. :lifting:

turdbogls

Reaction score
oh boy....everyone is going to say different things about different roms. i have run pretty much everything (BB v.04, CM6, LFY, ect) but i am currently on Ultimat Droid 8 with chevys 1ghz ulv kernel and black n bold theme. this one overall works the best for me. it has some slight screen redraw issues (which LFY seemed not to have) but other than that it is fast, stable, super customizable and never lags on me when switching screens or opening the app drawer (like the others got after a few days)

rotory lock screen rocks too.

Darkseider

Reaction score
I have tried a bunch and other than ShadowROM causing me to think about going back to BB I went with BB v0.5 and am thrilled. BB v0.5 plus Slayher's 900 Mhz 1.6 kernel and LP+ is heaven. Now with MIUI out and about I can't wait to see what comes out of the Dev's kitchens when they start incorporating some of MIUI into their own ROMs. Hell how's this. Does it matter? It's Android! WOOT!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've only used UD, BB, Stock, SS and Sapphire. Of those.. nothings perfect but I like UD due to it's options and the ROM maker being a bit of a black horse. I always root for the underdog. The good news is, I can change it so it works for me. That's with any ROM though.
Sapphire.... worked well, short on options
Stock.. need I say more?
BB... used 0.4.. it got old. 0.5 is out but I haven't tried it.
SS... my phone does not like his kernels.. only got to use it for a day before my phone blew a gasket and I had to change ROMs.
UD.. running like a champ and almost everything works like it should. New version coming soon too.
I would really like to try Project Elite and I may just do that if UD 9 doesn't live upto my expectations.

johnnyb15613

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have flashed just about every ROM I've ever encountered (I know, I know) and here is what I can say about my Droid......

It loves Simply Stunning and Bugless Beast
I love them too. Great Devs, great support, stable, fast.

If themes are what interest you, find the ROM that runs the best on YOUR phone, and MOD the hell out of it.

Every rooted phone deserves a user who isn't afraid to customize!

h4ckd

Reaction score
piggy-backing off what huskerkate posted, if anyone reading this hasn't given actngrezy's project elite/slayher combo a try, then you have no idea what your missing out on. i'm willing to bet this rom blows up all over the droid scene, which if you check out his forum it already has and its only v1. haven't had another rom match it as of yet, and i've tried them all. but thats just my droid, try it on yours. dancedroid

Jmart922

Reaction score
My roms of which I like in order, Lithium Mod with p3droid kernals, tie between Miui rom (currently) and LFT with revolution theme, can't wait til jrummy releases a new version of lithium..going to give CM6 a try tonight

turdbogls

Reaction score
coherent roms run differently on different phones...your best very is to download all the different roms with a bunch of kernels and try them all out. I have tried everything out there and they have all had something about them that made me switch....usually screen redraws our copy transitions.currently I am on a little known rom called project elite and it flies..everything is fast and smooth, with the stock 1 ghz kernel I got a quadrant in the range of the nexus 1. It lacks the bela and wistles of ud8 and some other roms but I dont see myself switching any time soon..I dont even get any redraws which is awesome.if you are a rom junkie like me and haven't tried project elite, you should do it now.if this is release 1 I can't wait to see version 2.