1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Your Personal favorite Music player app

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by Cveezy, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Cveezy

Cveezy New Member

Hey guys whats up. So im looking for a Music playing app for my droid 3. So Whats your personal Favorite? After gathering enough comments ill set up a Poll, and then when people search they can find this thread!
  2. Warglock

Warglock New Member

Google Music. It's the best streaming app I have found for my person library of music. Only downside is is that you need your home computer to be on in order to use it. For music that you have loaded on your SD card, I prefer Winamp. I used Winamp for several years until I bought an ipod which forced me over to itunes.
  3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

PowerAmp works well for me.
  4. 14floppydisks

14floppydisks New Member

Winamp is my favorite.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  5. Graymayre

Graymayre New Member

Ya, kick the llama's a$$ with Winamp

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  6. Warglock

Warglock New Member

I would like to correct my last post. It seems Google has come quite a ways since I last used Google Music and you no longer need your personal computer on in order to stream your music. I tried it on my way home in the car knowing full well that my computer was not on and it works.

So if you manage to get an invite, revel in its awesomeness.
  7. Cveezy

Cveezy New Member

iv been using poweramp recently and it seems alright. but i hate the interface. anyone use Btunes? supposedly it has a ui like itouches
  8. mszv

mszv New Member

Great info, thanks. I'm thinking of getting a Droid 3 (contract with Verizon coming up) and having a new music player on it would be great. Google Music is looking very appealing, let's see if I get in.
  9. NoBloatware

NoBloatware New Member

I use DAAP to stream from Firefly on my home computer. Not bad.
  10. Cveezy

Cveezy New Member

iv been using btunes and i really like it, ill start trying winamp
  11. cyber3dx

cyber3dx New Member

I've been using bTunes since D1 and still use it on my D3. I have not tried many other players however.
  12. darkmatter

darkmatter New Member

Has btunes been updated in the last year? I used it a long time ago,but it stopped working and never got updated.

Since then,I've tried many and settled on PlayerPro. Looks good, lots of options and an equalizer.

I keep trying UberMusic, but despite being possibly the best looking player on the market, its also the most devoid of features.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
  13. cyber3dx

cyber3dx New Member

Ahhhh, just downloaded PlayerPro. Awesome program. Going to dump bTunes!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  14. mbaker

mbaker New Member

I use PowerAmp and, unlike at least one other poster, I love the interface - which goes to show that you have to try things out for yourself rather than take anyone else's word for it. It includes an excellent equalizer, supports flac very well, and sounds great. I keep its widget on one of my home screens all the time. Flac support is important to me, and although Winamp and Player Pro technically support it, the reality is they make it hard to play flac files; they don't show up in the library and I've found no easy way to browse folders from the players. PowerAmp doesn't show flac files in its library either (although it reportedly will in v2.0), but it's easy to browse the file system and play them.
  15. darkmatter

darkmatter New Member

There's an option in playerpro settings to browse by folder, just as you would artists/albums/etc.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
  16. Ossoblanco

Ossoblanco New Member

On my first generation droid I used a program called gmote that essentially turned my droid into a remote for movies and music on my mac. I could also set it up so that it would stream movies and music from my computer onto my droid. Then I upgraded to a newer version of the Mac OS and the program no longer worked. Anyone know if that app is still around or if there are any better ones that will do the same thing?
  17. ARZ

ARZ New Member

I used the stock music player on my original droid and created a few playlists, but that phone met an un-timely demise, in the pool. Got a Droid X2, created a few playlist's and then the menu button took a dump and trapped my phone in Safe mode, 2nd X2, I wasnt able find the playlist file but made some new ones. NOW, I have a Droid 3 and I still have my old X2 for a few days before i have to send it back, can you guys tell me where to find my playlists so I can transfer them?

Also I had used Winamp way back in the day, but never got into it too deep. Is there a forum that I can find out how to get into its functionality a bit more so I can use it for making playlists and be able to save them and transfer them from phone to computer to ipod...

I tried Floola on my Ipod a while back (like a year+ ago), but it seems to be relatively unsupported. I would love a software I can use on my computer, droid and Ipod that all work the same. Anyone have any suggestions?
  18. snstr1

snstr1 New Member

Dude thats the shiat I have been looking for. My only issue with Winamp is it doesnt recognize some of the artists so they dont show under the artists and I even have a couple that split into multiple artists, Eminems crap does that constantly.
  19. removement

removement New Member

I am such a geek. Use three music player depending on what I am listening to.

1. Poweramp - for listening to locally stored music. Connection is sometimes spotty at work. (Office is out in the boonies). Wish I could connection to Google and Amazon music clouds with this player because I think its one of the best out there.

2. Use Google music to stream the 20,000 songs I have in the cloud.

3. Use Amazon cloud player to stream the rest of my music collection that did not fit on my capped Google cloud storage.
  20. bharrismac

bharrismac New Member

Google music is the way to go. It works for your library that is on the music beta as well as any music on your SD card. It has a nice slick interface and is free. As a side note, you don't need to be in the beta to use it for music on the SD card.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
app personal music player
best media player app for droid x2

best music player for droid x2

best personal music playing app
droid3 music app
what is the best music app for droid bionic?
what is the best personal music app