Your "Must Have" Widgets?

beeray

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an analog clock with Roman numeral, like the one on home++?

Rochelle

Knitewulf

Reaction score
I would like sportstap but it does not work for me. It tells me there is no room on the homescreen when I have nothing else on the screen.

solorca

Reaction score
- News and Weather Widget (I use this everyday, and I love the ability to add custom news topics)

- Battery Left (It's never been extremely accurate for me, but with a Seidio battery it's the easiest way to see the mv level, which enables me to get a good estimate of my battery life remaining)

- Mixzing (I just switched from the small widget to the large one, now that I have seven screens to play with. It works really well for me).

- Retro Clock and Retro Date (simple clock and date widget that works well on my homepage).

- Power Control (obvious)

The only other widgets I use are Pandora, Slacker, and SetCPU, but I rarely touch any of them.

I've tried Beautiful Widgets, but I just don't see what is so special about them.

artc33

Reaction score
more icons-free widget.

you can set 4 icons in the place of one.

-download from market
-long press on main screen
-widget
-more icons
-press it
-once open, click row 1 and set your first two, back button
-on row two, long press "configure widget" otherwise it'll say upgrade soon, choose what you want it to be, back button
-press done

now you'll have 4 in one, the icons will be smaller so make sure you get use to it by pressing the right one you need.

allyouhave

Reaction score
SwitchPro Widget
Your typical switches for GPS, WiFi, auto-screen rotation, etc... What's nice about this widget is that it lets you select not only how wide your widget should be (from 1 to 4 columns), but also lets you choose up to two widgets per column. So, for example, you could have a widget that spans 4 columns with 7 buttons in it and it will automatically center it for you. If you don't like that, you can delete that widget and make a new one--if you change your mind, you can easily switch back to the first (or any other) setup that you've made because it automatically saves each widget setup that you create. Dig it.

Astrid Tasks
Great to-do list widget. You can choose from 4 priority levels, and it syncs up with Google Tasks and Producteev, if you use either of those. If you don't... You can still sync it up to them, just in case you decide you'd like to someday--then you've already got your to-do lists set up!

Mint.com*
If you're fiscally irresponsible like me, you need this app (and an account on mint.com). Mint keeps track of all your balances in each and every bank account or credit card that you have. You can choose which accounts or cards are shown in your grand total of "available funds," which is great. This is actually probably my favourite widget that I currently use.

AudioManager
Gives a super awesome display for all of your volumes on your phone (alarm, media, alerts, ringer, system, call voice). Tapping the widget brings up an awesome UI with 6 sliders (and two checkboxes for vibration) for changing the volume levels. A cool feature that is included here is that you can set different volume levels for different modes on your phone and cycle through them. For example, there is a normal, vibrate, and silent mode that all have individual sound settings. I then use SwitchPro Widget's button to cycle through each sound mode.

lyam

Reaction score
Minimalistic Text-extremely customizable information-date, time, weather, battery, misc text, tasker variables

Beautiful widgets-beautiful weather and clock

Launcher Pro Plus widgets-sense style calendar, messaging and friends widgets