Your first impressions on the Note 4

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Ridiculously awesome story..... Try not to float into work tomorrow.. Haha..

Tap'd by Big 6

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Holy crap, that's incredible. Congratulations! Very happy for you.

on the move..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That's an amazing story! The clerk's response made it all that much better. I'm so happy for you. I played last night but no go. I've played infrequently but like you, I've had a very rough year. Actually a very rough decade. If I won like you, it would certainly be an answer to prayers. Maybe God is liking your efforts here on the forum as well as in your life, and so used the lottery to reward you. Bless you but don't forget to pay it forward to those who have helped you along the way, at least a little bit.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I am still in surreal land, Santa answered my prayers, I was a good boy all year long :D
Better a day late than not at all... Amazing, the day after Christmas!

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
After all these "25 years" from breaking my back doing grinding "Terrazzo flooring" work, and these last few years driving taxi, after the flooring company I worked for shut down, driving taxi some days not even coming home and sleeping in the car "felt like a trucker", but nothing was ever given to me. I usually play when the jackpot goes up, never really thinking I would ever win anything. Looks like someone above in the universe was watching.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Awesome! Congrats cybertec! what a great way to start the new year!
I rarely play....if it hits 50 mil or more I may spend 1-2 dollars. But, If you think about it, that doesn't really make sense because the odds are higher.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
After all these "25 years" from breaking my back doing grinding "Terrazzo flooring" work, and these last few years driving taxi, after the flooring company I worked for shut down, driving taxi some days not even coming home and sleeping in the car "felt like a trucker", but nothing was ever given to me. I usually play when the jackpot goes up, never really thinking I would ever win anything. Looks like someone above in the universe was watching.
Sounds like it went to the right person then, awesome news man.

on the move..

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Really is great to see it go to a deserving.. Hard working person.. This is why we play the few times we do.. It's a dollar and a dream.. And sometimes a little luck hits our way.. Keep the luck and enjoy the rewards..

Tap'd by Big 6

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Awesome! Congrats cybertec! what a great way to start the new year!
I rarely play....if it hits 50 mil or more I may spend 1-2 dollars. But, If you think about it, that doesn't really make sense because the odds are higher.
Actually, the odds cannot change legally based on the lottery pool amount. The odds of winning for each ticket are the same as any other, and it's purely based on the statistical odds of which ball(s) will come down the ramp, and which combination of balls eventually get picked. It also has no bearing how many play the actual lottery, so even though more people play as the lottery pool grows, every individual ticket purchased has the same chance of winning as every other, only the amount of winnings for each ticket can change based on the price paid for the ticket, such as purchasing a higher cost ticket for double winnings.

So it makes no difference if the pool is $1,000,000, $20,000,000 or $200,000,000. If that were true, then it would no longer be a lottery and would fall under different "gaming" rules where odds of winning can be influenced by either the ticketholder or the lottery commision, such as Blackjack where the player(s) have a direct influence on their odds of winning. This would be regulated completely different and the fact that odds of winning could vary must then be prominently displayed both at the ticket window and also on each ticket purchased.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

Wonder what the odds of one of our members winning is... Factor in that we have over 300,000 members into the odds that the clerk gave you, 1 in 18.5 million, then further reduced by the 300,000 to 1... Hmmm. You're one EXTREMELY luck guy! :D

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
You want to hear something strange? I just realized I had a dream last night about somebody winning the lottery. It just hit me while RE-reading my post about odds.

Call it a premonition but I bought tickets last night at a Weis food market, so it was on my mind when I went to sleep last night. Maybe we're connected telepathically! Lol.