Your first Bionic Drop

Palmyra

Reaction score
I threw my OG Droid out of the car window going 75 in order to prove to my wife that she meant more to me than it did. I then pulled over and went back to get it and it worked fine for another several months m, though it had a nice gouge in the metal casing of the screen from its impact with the rumble strip (I had tried to aim for the grass, I failed). Screen was undamaged.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Little drastic there son. My Mrs complained lots of time about my using to OG Droid and not paying attention. Well, last July I got her an iPhone, because all the girls have one, and low-and-behold she is always playing with it. :D

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I threw my OG Droid out of the car window going 75 in order to prove to my wife that she meant more to me than it did. I then pulled over and went back to get it and it worked fine for another several months m, though it had a nice gouge in the metal casing of the screen from its impact with the rumble strip (I had tried to aim for the grass, I failed). Screen was undamaged.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

You shoulda chucked the wife out of the car to show the phone you love it more! :p

chris420o

Reaction score
my life = epic fail....had a og droid 2 years never had a scratch on the screen and it got abused about a year into when it had noticable scratches...droid bionic bought thur...sat out got drunk dropped phone twice...second time screen CRACKED...such a fail im so mad...i g'd up the girl at costco she said she would replace it but their inventory sucks and i been waiting for them to get some in they get like 3 every 10 days n sell them instantly its so dumb uggghhh crack is sooo annoyingg

Zregnier

Reaction score
I dropped it in the toilet....then flushed.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Please leave.

Dropped mine on the floorboard of my truck a few days ago. Lightly scuffed the lower metallic finish by the mic. Gotta look close to see it.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok, you guys are making my stomach hurt with all of these dropped phone stories. Enough already! There are evil forces out there trying to yank the Bionic out of our hands. Stop this talk before they get us all...you know they're listening to us right? Where's my tin foil hat when I need it??

Reaction score
Oddly enough, I JUST dropped my phone outside on the balcony. Fell completely face down. Screen protector is on so screen is all good. A little chipping around the sides and corners.... man that pisses me off. VZW/Moto should be selling replacement face plates for this bad boy. Id pick up 2.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough, I JUST dropped my phone outside on the balcony. Fell completely face down. Screen protector is on so screen is all good. A little chipping around the sides and corners.... man that pisses me off. VZW/Moto should be selling replacement face plates for this bad boy. Id pick up 2.

Evil forces man, evil forces. Put that tin foil hat on.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I OtterBox'd mine up an hour ago and tested it out. :) The Defender is a beast.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Otterbox makes tough stuff. Should protect well in a normal drop. I had one on my D1, but it failed to save my phone when I got off my motorcycle at 50 mph and the phone was in my fanny back. Broke the keyboard right off the rest of the phone. I had a rectangular shaped bruise on my butt for a month, got my bell rung pretty good, but no broken bones.:rockon:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
The worst was when I dropped my 3 week old Samsung Rogue into a full vodka and coke cup at my side. Sank right in.

I think these silicone cases are great. Had one on my Eris for awhile, dropped it a handful of times, but it didn't get a single marking until the 3rd (out of maybe 10. Woops, lol.) So I got it immediately with my Bionic. Fits great, adds almost no bulk or heft to the phone, and (I think) looks really sleek. Had one on my X2 and only semi-dropped it (slipped out of my lap onto carpet with a case on) couldn't find a single mark.

idefiler6

Reaction score
If the USB cable that came with the thing was longer than ~2 feet this would be a non issue. Had mine charging while it sat on the couch arm, the furthest I could get it from the outlet with this infernal cable. Moved to get up, elbowed it off the edge and onto the hardwood floor. Not a scratch.

jleeusa

Reaction score
If the USB cable that came with the thing was longer than ~2 feet this would be a non issue. Had mine charging while it sat on the couch arm, the furthest I could get it from the outlet with this infernal cable. Moved to get up, elbowed it off the edge and onto the hardwood floor. Not a scratch.

+1 That's my story too, exactly in fact. One other time naked Bionic just jumped out of my hand. Somehow I snagged it on the way down with my other hand.

monkey_man

Reaction score
I put an additional 12 foot usb extension... so i don't have to unplug the charger if I am in the room... unless when I have to travel ... scratch might be preventable but the shake could damage some of its components...

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
+1 That's my story too, exactly in fact. One other time naked Bionic just jumped out of my hand. Somehow I snagged it on the way down with my other hand.

Ninja!