Your droid screen

David16k

Reaction score
Today I noticed there being a very thin black bar on the left side of my screen. About two lines of pixels. When booting that part is dark blue. It also looks as if the image isn't completely centered. I can't remember it being this way. What about your droid?

OP
D

David16k

Reaction score
These are not dead pixels. I'm talking about the black area surrounding the TFT screen. The part where your pixels end on all 4 sides of your screen. Right before the phone-chassis begins.

It seems as if the image on my screen is moved to the right about 0.5 millimeters (0.02 inches).

I'm not saying I'm missing part of the image on the right. I just can't remember the image on my phone being aligned to the right.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Yeah , all the Droids that I saw had a screen centered a little to rhe right . Didn't notice till somebody else posted on a forum and I don't really care , it's not even noticeable with daily usage .

Womp

Reaction score
These are not dead pixels. I'm talking about the black area surrounding the TFT screen. The part where your pixels end on all 4 sides of your screen. Right before the phone-chassis begins.

It seems as if the image on my screen is moved to the right about 0.5 millimeters (0.02 inches).

I'm not saying I'm missing part of the image on the right. I just can't remember the image on my phone being aligned to the right.

My original Droid screen was crooked and kinked towards the bottom left in portrait. It used to drive me bonkers when I would flip out the keyboard and throw my eyes off. Verizon thought I was crazy but it was very noticeable during chat or web browsing especially and they wouldn't replace it for me. Luckily my proximity sensor was whacked so I ended up getting a replacement anyway before the 30 days. ;)