Your "Browser" of choice is...?

Mayze

Reaction score
+1 for xscope. I'm so used to PIN zooming that even pinch zooming feels like a chore. This browser along with Swype makes one handed browsing so easy and fluid.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 for xscope. I'm so used to PIN zooming that even pinch zooming feels like a chore. This browser along with Swype makes one handed browsing so easy and fluid.

I LOVE the Pin-zoom feature, it's sooo much better than Pinch to zoom IMO. He's one feature away from getting me to stick with xScope as default.

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score
G

gatewayad

Love the Milestone browser, have the home page set to about:blank which gets it open to a blank screen really quick then i can hit favorites or enter a website. If i need google i use my search bar.
But I also have XScope lite, which is nice but using milestone more and more now since i think it's quicker

Pin-Zoom i am assuming is the quick double click then slide one fingered zoom. Yea that is pretty cool plus the resizing on the XScope is quicker once the page is open

So I guess i will keep both, just cant decide which one i want to be default so i have to pick each time :(

AntMan

Reaction score
Where do you download the milestone browser? I can't seem to find it in the market.:blush:

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score
Where do you download the milestone browser? I can't seem to find it in the market.:blush:
You have to be "rooted"

Although I am rooted with BB .75 rom, not sure how to find/install the milestone though. Seems most people who have it use Shoels rom (which I dont use)

M

Matth3w

I am at a crossroads right now, for the following reasons:

1. The ported Milestone browser that comes with just about every ROM is garbage for surfing internet message boards because of the keyboard lag when typing a response, especially in the quick reply box.

2. xScope to me is the ugliest abomination on Earth. I don't like where the refresh button is located either, which I use a lot. Having to swipe down the top is somewhat unreliable in my experience. Sometimes you end up swiping the page or whatnot. Plus it's just plain ugly.

3. Dolphin is the biggest piece of bloatware I have on my phone. All these stupid things that come with the browser but frankly the most important things are harder to access...the favorites are not hidden but certainly aren't easily accessible like on the Milestone where you just hit Menu > Bookmarks. Very poor choice IMO. No text on the buttons so I look and I'm like wtf does this button do?

So for now, I am using Dolphin because it's the lesser of three evils (in my opinion). Hoping to hell for a reskin and update of xScope to fix my personal gripes about it or have something like FireFox come out.