Your Battery Posts here!!

delux0

Reaction score
How long does your battery usually last from day-to-day? What are your settings for your battery?

Mine usually lasts most of the day, but usually around 9pm i have to plug it in for a little or it will die. This is with usual usage...occasional phone calls, occasional web search, and txting. I also have my brightness set to auto.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Not sure...Mine is either on car charger or dock a good part of the day....

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Mine is in the dock from about 10 PM until 7 AM. WIFI always on, since it connects at home and at the office. Currently (5PM CST) battery is at 80%, which is pretty normal. Usually at about 70% when I put it to bed. Lower if I have been using Nav or GPS that day.

jasonb

Reaction score
During a normal day of work I barely use my phone. I can go ten hours and still be at 90%. Or I can kill it in 5 hours if I'm listening to music on it while surfing the web. Battery life seems acceptable to me.

Droid Nana

Reaction score
I use my phone frequently during the day without charging it. When I first purchased my phone my battery life was much better than it is now and I use it less for that reason. I purchased an additional battery because I am not always able to charge it during the day and lately I have to use both batteries. I have Advanced Task Killer and deleted some applications, but the battery still seems to drain quickly.

Jobucina

Reaction score
mine lasts about 9 hours :( i run mostly the default settings, it gets minimal usage at work with the exception of some web browsing and messaging during my lunch break. I do have K-9 always running.

Droid Nana

Reaction score
I am going to try the 'freezer' trick to see if that helps.

macarunni

Reaction score
I use K9 mail and use Y5 Battery Saver App. GPS is turned off and Wifi connects when it is available. Starting at 7:00 am I have a dead battery 6:00pm. I do not use the phone for voice I only use it for data; search web and check my company emails.

As I have stated before VZW should work out some deal with whomever they are getting the batteries from and give us extra batteries like they did on my VZW Boulder.

trainryche

Reaction score
Always over a day, and usually a day and a half. I kill apps religiously (say what you will), but I use apps, surf the net, play games, use the phone, text etc, etc, etc,... I am a firm believer in Advanced ap killer... (why the dang things dont just stay off is beyond me).
I use on a daily basis:
Facebook
Pandora
Calendar
imusic
gmail
messaging
browser
and many other apps.

kill em when you are done and the battery lives! (MY 2 CENTS)

dylanthecat

Reaction score
I used a task killer for the first 2 weeks (11-6-09) then deleted it. I get better more consistent battery life now than before, and also a more stable phone. I also do not drive myself nuts chasing apps and stomping on them.

richelesro

Reaction score
I can go all day without charging most of the time. I've found that the Email application eats battery like crazy for me, so I usually have to kill it. Otherwise, I'm at 70% after 12 hours.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
I find that my email (touchdown) only uses 2% of my battery, pretty consistently day to day.

loonie01

Reaction score
Just think of this, you got a new phone and you want to keep playing with it. Battery drains real fast. Once you've played with it enough and just let it sit around until you think of something new on it to play with, the battery last longer.

alsheppard

Reaction score
extra batteries

Are extra batteries and off-phone chargers available at places like Radio Shack?