Your Battery Life

mythicalelf

Reaction score
Just wondering what your battery life was? I know it depends on what running so here is the low down on what I have.

I use
1. Beautiful Home with clock, calendar and weather running. Updates every 30min.

2. Yahoo account updates every 30 min

3 Gmail account, I dont see when it updates, so I dont know this one.

4. I have Parallel Kingdom but hardly ever play it.

5. I use market and defualt browser ALOT @2-3hrs a day total.

6. I use Notes daily for checklists and stuff

7. And when I get a chance I use Gameboid, man this is the best app ever.

8. I listen to music sometimes at work or while working in the garden.

I have been reading about task killers both good and bad so I havent d/l one yet, but I was wondering if there was an app to help me out.

I used to have a BB storm and know that it would drain battery if app wasnt closed properly ie. clicking the exit button, but hardly any of the apps for the droid have a exit button.

Slider46

Reaction score
Battery life is going to vary greatly between users. There's a LOT of different variables to consider (not just whats running) so trying to compare one user's battery life to another is like comparing apples to oranges.

Some users get almost 8-12 hours while others get 24-36 hours. It all depends on how they use the device - those that don't have any apps running and play with the live wallpaper all day are going to get less life than those that have a lot of apps running but rarely use the phone. (Screen is a big battery hog)

You can get a detailed perspective of your battery usage by going to Menu > Settings > About Phone > Battery Use

I have beautiful widgets and weatherbug updating weather/location every 2 hours, gmail and facebook sync on, screen brightness on auto and I always turn the screen off before putting it away even though the timeout is only set to 1 minute.

An average day of use for me consists of using the browser 5-6 times, making 2 or 3 calls, 5 or 6 text messages, a few minutes of playing a game, maybe an hour or two with the screen on throughout the day and I'll get home with 30% - 40% at the end of the day - about a 12 hour day.

Supertom

Reaction score
I've had mine last as little as ~5 hrs of me using it almost constantly!