Your #1 ADB Source!! - 7/29/11

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Jul 29, 2011.

1. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    [FOR WINDOWS] - I am hoping this helps MANY of you ... a lot of people seem to shy away from ADB given what hoops they have to jump through to get it installed ... I feel your pain! It is for this reason that I have created my own ADB installer, with a few helper scripts. If you are already setup with ADB, this might not help you now. However, in setting up a new machine, it will! This will also help anyone new to the scene. This is what you will get once installed (ADB itself pulled from latest SDK):

[​IMG]

Now the contents of README.txt:

I've kept this as simple as possible:

1. Double-click devcheck to see if your device is recognized by ADB.
    2. Double-click devmgr to open device manager, in case ADB cannot recognize your device.
    3. Double-click cmd to open a command window to use ADB commands.
    4. Double-click ddms to view the debugger and/or to grab screenshots (REQUIRES JAVA!).
    5. Double-click phone to login to your device.
    6. Double-click stopadb to stop adb if you want to remove the folder (or to restart ADB to try #1 again)

IF your device is not recognized by ADB, try #6 above, then #1. If that fails:

Double-click devmgr. Under 'Other devices', you should see something like 'Android phone', or
    'Motorola ADB Interface' as a failed device. Double-click that, then click the 'Details' tab.
    Under the property pulldown, select 'Hardware Ids'. Copy the two or three lines shown there,
    and send in an email to:

chevyno1.droid@gmail.com

Also include what device you have, ie. HTC Thunderbolt. I will try to include that device into
    the next build (and if time permits, distribute to you as quickly as possible!).

So - this should make it VERY easy for any of you to use ADB and interface with your device now.

I am also including links to download the latest Java JRE, in case you want to use ddms (#4 above).

ChevyNo1's ADB Installer
    Java JRE x86
    Java JRE x64

IF your device is not being recognized by ADB, chances are you need the correct drivers. This ALSO can be confusing. End it now! I have also packaged up the USB drivers to make it uber-easy for you - no messing around with HTC and/or Motorola and trying to figure out whats-what. This has been tested on Windows XP and Windows 7, both x86 and x64. My package includes the drivers for the following devices:

HTC Thunderbolt
    HTC Dream
    HTC Magic
    HTC EVO
    HTC Incredible
    HTC Desire

Motorola Droid
    Motorola DroidX (including RSDLite drivers!)

Google Nexus One

These have also been pulled from the latest SDK and modified to add additional functionality (read devices!):

ChevyNo1's Android x86 Drivers
    ChevyNo1's Android x64 Drivers

For you Motorola Droid X users - here is a link to the latest RSD Lite - keep in mind my driver pack above also includes the drivers to make this work :)

RSD Lite 4.9

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  2. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +34
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Twitter:
    spc_hicks09
    First post! And I'm checking all this out right now!!! Thanks Chevy, you're a damn genius I tell you!

Hey just a quick question, isn't RSD Lite 4.6 the recommended one for SBFing on the OG Droid or can 4.9 be used too?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  3. ABQNM

ABQNM Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Very nice Chevy! Thank! This made throwing adb on my laptop quite easy! No problems so far! Of course I have the full SDK tools on my other PCs but now I have quick adb on the go without having to install EVERYTHING.

4. MackAV

MackAV New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Chevy, I'd like to buy you a beer. What you do to make stuff easier for others is too cool.

Thanks for all your work!!

Keep the show on the road.

5. ChevyNo1

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the cool one!

V2 is in the works - and is MUCH better :)

6. Sparkimus

Sparkimus Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Chevy! Works like a charm.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

7. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Now that I have my awesome laptop fixed I'm definitely gonna have to try and learn to use this
    (2.8 GHz dual core 4GB RAM, 320GB hard drive, wish phones could have these specs already lol)

supercharged modified simply stunning 5.5 w/turbocharged 3g
    Chevyno1 ulv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
    honeycomb 3D theme
    19.8 linpack score

8. flyinion

flyinion Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So, silly questions time.

1. I assume if we're on Win7 x64 we want the 64bit driver package (yes this one really is a silly one but I'm double checking)
    2. I assume if we're on Win7 x64 we want the 64bit JRE? I already have the 32bit version installed for the obvious reason of you need it for the 32bit web browsers.

I'm wondering if I'll actually be able to get it to work on my machine. In 2010 when I rooted, I coudln't ever get RSD to properly flash the SBF file and had to resort to my 32bit Vista laptop in order to get it to work. It was some common problem but nobody had an answer for it.

9. ChevyNo1

Ratings:
    +5
    #1 - yep, you'll want the 64-bit driver package
    #2 - the 32 bit JRE MIGHT work - it is ONLY needed for use with ddms (debugger) with this download
    #3 - I have sbf'd many times on my 64-bit setup ...
    #4 - let me know how it works for ya!

10. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

Ratings:
    +17
    This is what i will use when i get a new machine.. looks much easier than the conventional way.

11. flyinion

flyinion Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I suspect, as did many other people in their case, that the sbf issue was due to the specific USB chips on my motherboard. I can plug the phone into a USB cable and access the SD Card no problem either booted or in CW recovery. Actually it's been so long I may be confused. If SBF is the recovery then that flashed fine, it was when it was time to flash the rooted image that myself and others would get the error. Anyway not trying to hijack your thread with this since it's separate (and the Droid now has one-click root apps anyway). I was just mentioning it as a rhetorical concern about whether I might have issues with ADB as well.

12. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    awesome, i finally got adb running now...yay...also for real newbies open up the cmd and type in adb help for a list of commands available :)

13. jerroedr

jerroedr Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    geesh this seems like its in a different language.... it has been 1.5 years since I rooted....and I rsd lighted it which was a pain...

Search tags for this page

adb

adb drivers droid x2

ddms not recognizing phone

motorola adb driver droid x2

motorola adb drivers