You Will Be Forced Off Unlimited If You Try To Buy A Phone Full Price At A Corporate Verizon Store

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Just saw this thread topic and my son went to sprint to get unlimited back since Verizon slyly finds ways to kick you off unlimited regarding new phones and plan changes etc. Manages to keep unlimited for a few years before succumbing to sales tactics for upgrades and lost it awhen the rep was unclear that I would lose it. M

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just saw this thread topic and my son went to sprint to get unlimited back since Verizon slyly finds ways to kick you off unlimited regarding new phones and plan changes etc. Manages to keep unlimited for a few years before succumbing to sales tactics for upgrades and lost it awhen the rep was unclear that I would lose it. M

It was your mistake, not the reps, everyone knows that you lose your unlimited when trying to upgrade with a subsidized plan, did you think you where an exception, the rep knew what he/she was doing, they work for Verizon not you. I am still on unlimited and have gone thru a few phones already, but bought them outright, I know better.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Bought another lg g4 for $100 from best buy by upgrading my unlimited data line. Switched Sims prior to turning on the phone and kept my old unlimited data.

This is now 4th time I've done this.
I am guessing that you didn't buy in store? I know BB uses a different system than most 3rd party retailers, but in the system my company uses, it AUTOMATICALLY notifies that unlimited will be lost, regardless of not changing the sim. So we've never been able to 'cheat' the system

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
It was your mistake, not the reps, everyone knows that you lose your unlimited when trying to upgrade with a subsidized plan, did you think you where an exception, the rep knew what he/she was doing, they work for Verizon not you. I am still on unlimited and have gone thru a few phones already, but bought them outright, I know better.
By unclear the rep said I wouldn't lose it but it did come off

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I was pretty impressed when we upgraded my wife's iPhone. Sales Rep in store made exactly zero effort to get her off unlimited. Pretty sure most reps could really not care one way or the other. They just want to move product.

Tap'n Turbo