You think Dre Beats are expensive......

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I'd just get an ATH M50. Tougher than the beats and it's practically industry standard for a good budget studio headphone, alongside the MDR V6.

kparks

Reaction score
Yea I mainly listen to like tupac, 50 cent, DMX, Biggie, jay z, eminem, talib kwali, mos def, immortal technique, maybach music group, young jeezey etc so maybe beats ate the best for that since I reading most of you don't like them cause of the bass and what not

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

Lol u got a good list but a lot of base is not something I want when listening to kweli and mos def but is something I want for music like jeezy and dmx but not too much either and with beats the base is constant.. I mean with a good headset u can just use base booster most cheep headphones sound like crap with it on but not the more expensive ones.. I only had the beats pro cuz they were a present

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
You ever think that some people like the muddy bass rather than ear drum cutting treble? I went back and pulled out my audio technicas last night and said to myself, "These can are really good for recording, rock, and classical music. But not good for my hip hop as much." Dre beats give out a thick punchy bass signature that SOME other earbuds wont give you. I SAY EARBUDS, NOT HEADPHONES! I like the earbuds (not the ibeats that came with the rezound) But I am getting some sennheiser HD555 for christmas. Those are some good cans.

Even if people "like" muddy bass, muddy bass is inaccurate reproduction. Period.

The ideal must be accurate reproduction of what was recorded as much as is possible.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
The beats feature should only work with beats headphones btw, and all it really is is just an equalizer setting matched to beats headphones...I also listen to that kinda music and sennheiser earbuds are by far the best I've ever heard...beats headphones are good if money doesn't matter and you plan on using the beats audio setting...my opinion is save some money by getting the cheaper headphones and just get an equalizer app or a music player with an equalizer and set it up how you like it

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

I do not believe that's true, I believe that Beats DSP is more than a simple EQ curve. I believe there are other DSP tricks going on. There may be other hardware tweaks involved, better op amps perhaps?

And whatever it is, it does change the sound no matter what headphones you're using. I do think it's optimized for the Beats earbuds though.

The trouble is that there is precious little hard info anywhere on exactly what it means to have Beats integrated into the Rezound.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
Those are also my top of the line choice for IEMs, but then I listen to mostly classical and jazz. For headphones, I like my DT880s, but I haven't had a chance to listen to other top level ones.

Small world! I happen to have a pair of 600 ohm DT-880s that I absolutely love! But I'd never be able to drive those straight out of the Rezound...

donzz

Reaction score
If you paid over $500 for a pair of headphones you make too much damn money. Anyhow, can any of you recommend a good headphone amp? The sound coming through my Bionic is good but just not loud enough when I'm out cutting grass. Any info would be helpful! Thanks!

kparks

Reaction score
If you paid over $500 for a pair of headphones you make too much damn money. Anyhow, can any of you recommend a good headphone amp? The sound coming through my Bionic is good but just not loud enough when I'm out cutting grass. Any info would be helpful! Thanks!

What kind of headphones u using.. I would just get some noise cancelling ones they should work good enough.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Might have a cool app coming for you this winter after I get out of school to help quiet phone sound

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

Last edited:

donzz

Reaction score
What kind of headphones u using.. I would just get some noise cancelling ones they should work good enough.

Skull Candy headphones. I really need an amp!

kparks

Reaction score
Skull Candy headphones. I really need an amp!
I cant think of any cheap amps.. are u trying to go def?? I can recommend some noise isolating earbuds tho.. that is what u actually need for what your looking for klipsch s4 would be great for example.. amazon has in my mind a great deal on sennheiser cx310 originals and cx380 I owned both but only the 310 model at the moment but I think I liked the 380 model better they both look awesome..they look and sound good I paid 85$ for them and now there only 40 marked down from 100 and a 2 year warrenty I would recommend them... But u can look yourself but I wouldn't get a amp just to boost the sound u need to block the lawnmower sound out..

Last edited:

kparks

Reaction score
I cant think of any cheap amps.. are u trying to go def?? I can recommend some noise isolating earbuds tho.. that is what u actually need for what your looking for klipsch s4 would be great for example.. amazon has in my mind a great deal on sennheiser cx310 originals and cx380 I owned both but only the 310 model at the moment but I think I liked the 380 model better they both look awesome..they look and sound good I paid 85$ for them and now there only 40 marked down from 100 and a 2 year warrenty I would recommend them... But u can look yourself but I wouldn't get a amp just to boost the sound u need to block the lawnmower sound out.. Sorry I can't comment on more brands but I'm only going to recommend something I haven't used.

donzz

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Have any of you heard of the Fiio E5 headphone amp? Good? Bad?[h=1][/h]

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not a big audio freak don't know much about headphones really only had like 5 dollar earbuds so far but was gonna get a pair of those beats solo the white version never really listened to them before but my budget is like 200 as they're coming to me as a gift maybe i should change that? What do you think is best for 200?

I guess the beats thing is just a status symbol here to on campus since pretty much everyone and their mother has a pair of beats headphones here on campus

Please, don't be sold by the endorsement. Dre' is good at looping and mixing etc. He is not an audio engineer. His name is what sold these. If you want quality read reviews on top competitors. By the way, I'm not knocking Dre as he helped pioneer a positive influence in the form of mixing and recording samples and loops. He was who many wanted to be and he gave some people the proof that an inner city teen on the streets could rise above. And he did just that. I also write music and play a variety of instruments. (But more of the real writing). Lol anyway. I'm not a fan of his style but coming from a musician, I would suggest to you, save your money and you'll have a great experience with some of the names others have listed or even some Bose. But I only buy products from companies that make and specialize in that field. Never do I pay extra because of a name. Hope you don't get caught up in that. ( Not knocking ) just trying to help.Peace!

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Please, don't be sold by the endorsement. Dre' is good at looping and mixing etc. He is not an audio engineer. His name is what sold these. If you want quality read reviews on top competitors. By the way, I'm not knocking Dre as he helped pioneer a positive influence in the form of mixing and recording samples and loops. He was who many wanted to be and he gave some people the proof that an inner city teen on the streets could rise above. And he did just that. I also write music and play a variety of instruments. (But more of the real writing). Lol anyway. I'm not a fan of his style but coming from a musician, I would suggest to you, save your money and you'll have a great experience with some of the names others have listed or even some Bose. But I only buy products from companies that make and specialize in that field. Never do I pay extra because of a name. Hope you don't get caught up in that. ( Not knocking ) just trying to help.Peace!

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

Yea no i totally agree i don't usuallly try to go by what others do my work here on the forum i think will even help show that i usually try to be original and do something new. I just am not huge into music i heard the beats on my phone from the music player port and thought it sounded much better so figured why not go with a pair of beats studio headphones. They definately are a status symbol type thing but i mean just because it has dre's name on it doesn't mean he made them and what not when you bring up the whole him not being a sound engineer. The headphones are made by monster and i'm sure they had sound engineers in making them i doubt dre designed the entire headphone himself.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I cant think of any cheap amps.. are u trying to go def?? I can recommend some noise isolating earbuds tho.. that is what u actually need for what your looking for klipsch s4 would be great for example.. amazon has in my mind a great deal on sennheiser cx310 originals and cx380 I owned both but only the 310 model at the moment but I think I liked the 380 model better they both look awesome..they look and sound good I paid 85$ for them and now there only 40 marked down from 100 and a 2 year warrenty I would recommend them... But u can look yourself but I wouldn't get a amp just to boost the sound u need to block the lawnmower sound out..

I don't know if the fye store is everywhere or just local to me and if all stores would have these and at the same price but mine still has the sennheiser earbuds I have- cx150 for only $20...best earbuds I've ever had by far (btw its my experience that earbuds tend to sound much better on mp3 players and phones than regular headphones [probably because most mobile devices lack the real power for normal headphones])

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score