You think Dre Beats are expensive......

pyro6128

Reaction score
All you get with beats are disproportionate bass that muddies up the sound. You lose a lot of detail in the music with beats

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

AlexSB

Reaction score
The Sony Monitors are the best ones we've used so for for recording, sounds good and sound doesn't bleed into the track

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
You ever think that some people like the muddy bass rather than ear drum cutting treble? I went back and pulled out my audio technicas last night and said to myself, "These can are really good for recording, rock, and classical music. But not good for my hip hop as much." Dre beats give out a thick punchy bass signature that SOME other earbuds wont give you. I SAY EARBUDS, NOT HEADPHONES! I like the earbuds (not the ibeats that came with the rezound) But I am getting some sennheiser HD555 for christmas. Those are some good cans.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
You ever think that some people like the muddy bass rather than ear drum cutting treble? I went back and pulled out my audio technicas last night and said to myself, "These can are really good for recording, rock, and classical music. But not good for my hip hop as much." Dre beats give out a thick punchy bass signature that SOME other earbuds wont give you. I SAY EARBUDS, NOT HEADPHONES! I like the earbuds (not the ibeats that came with the rezound) But I am getting some sennheiser HD555 for christmas. Those are some good cans.

+1 on sennheiser...I got lucky and found some on a huge discount awhile ago (normally $70 but on sale for $20) and they blew everything else out of the water :)

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I like sennheiser and bang olufsen. for some small earpieces, they have a really good sound.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Metalspring yea I get they're expensive cause of the name I just don't have much experience with any headphones other than the 5 dollars ear buds and I have my first skullcandy earbuds which are the nicest I've ever had they were 10 bucks lol but on my evo 3d we had beats ported to our music player and after hearing that I liked it a lot so that's all I'm really going off of :) however I do like bass and basically only listen to hood rap

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Metalspring yea I get they're expensive cause of the name I just don't have much experience with any headphones other than the 5 dollars ear buds and I have my first skullcandy earbuds which are the nicest I've ever had they were 10 bucks lol but on my evo 3d we had beats ported to our music player and after hearing that I liked it a lot so that's all I'm really going off of :) however I do like bass and basically only listen to hood rap

Lol. You said hood rap. I guess you can say dre beats are made for HOOD RAP. HAHA. I listen to HOOD RAP myself. But I also listen to classical music and a little rock. Maybe some trip hop.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea I mainly listen to like tupac, 50 cent, DMX, Biggie, jay z, eminem, talib kwali, mos def, immortal technique, maybach music group, young jeezey etc so maybe beats ate the best for that since I reading most of you don't like them cause of the bass and what not

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score

The beats feature should only work with beats headphones btw, and all it really is is just an equalizer setting matched to beats headphones...I also listen to that kinda music and sennheiser earbuds are by far the best I've ever heard...beats headphones are good if money doesn't matter and you plan on using the beats audio setting...my opinion is save some money by getting the cheaper headphones and just get an equalizer app or a music player with an equalizer and set it up how you like it

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

TheOldFart

Reaction score
For earbuds I find it hard to beat Etymotics, but they're more like in ear monitors than earbuds. I don't think you could drive many of those headphones on that link without an external amp...

Those are also my top of the line choice for IEMs, but then I listen to mostly classical and jazz. For headphones, I like my DT880s, but I haven't had a chance to listen to other top level ones.

pyro6128

Reaction score
I guess that's a fair point. If you're just going to mostly listen to heavy bass than beats would be ok. I love hiphop and rap myself, but I also listen to a lot of other music, in particular guitar players like jimi, mayer, srv, etc. To really appreciate their guitar tone and playing, you can't really afford to lose the clarity in the music that'll happen with beats. I try and find a nice middle ground

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

kparks

Reaction score
They're not bad for their price range though. You can get a decent pair of headphones that you won't really care if you mess em up. I use them for the gym all the time.

Another reason I get sennheiser.. 2 year warrenty if I do mess them up and I do lol.. but i can tell a huge difference in headphones and my buddy says they sound pretty much the same to him so it depends on the person I guess... But to touch on the beats topic are they better than average. Yea prolly.. should they be 100bucks heck no more like 65 or so would be a good price point.. there better than average but far far from the best

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
i'd go low hundreds. There is something about the thump they give. people who don't care for thump wont think the price is reasonable. My Audio Technica cans give me some nice clarity. I use those in studio. Flattened with no boosters.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea exactly i personally only listen to rap where i want a thump and what not so i think beats are a good choice for me. I'll probably still be getting a pair but i can see if you want a middle ground you wouldn't want them. I don't think it's really fair to say one headphone is better than another it more depends on what you're gonna be listening too. Granted the beats are expensive i've been looking at the solo version which cost about 200 i'll be getting them probably as a christmas present but still open to change that ha.

kparks

Reaction score
Yea exactly i personally only listen to rap where i want a thump and what not so i think beats are a good choice for me. I'll probably still be getting a pair but i can see if you want a middle ground you wouldn't want them. I don't think it's really fair to say one headphone is better than another it more depends on what you're gonna be listening too. Granted the beats are expensive i've been looking at the solo version which cost about 200 i'll be getting them probably as a christmas present but still open to change that ha.

All I listen to is rap and hip hop and I hate to much base when I say rap I mean cormega, Wu tang, nas,jeru the damaja,big pooh, little brother, stuff like that I'm more into the lyrics than beats if u listen to the pop rap on the radio where they got no lyrics but a dope beat then yea a lot of base is good.. when I say 65 to 80 for beats I'm talkin about the in ear beats not the studio pros... I will never buy beats the in ear sennheiser buds are a lil cheaper and better.. and the beats studio pro get blown away by the sennheiser hd 558 and the 558 are cheaper...... and the hd 598 is what I own they look so sexy and sound absolutely fn amazing.. my dre studio pro snaped in half :(

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums