You probably shouldn't have bought a DROID if...

samredman

Reaction score
sterdroids... you're best bet is probably the free Google app called Listen. It's not live, but many programs are same day... and they are adding more all the time. Lots of npr programs and they have lots of (American Public Media) market reports. The Listen app is worth getting and doing a search for your program... if it's not on there now... odds are it will be soon. Listen is Google's entry into true smartphone "radio." It has a vast archive library including lots of classic radio. You can have fun with it while it grows. And it's free.

sterdroids

Reaction score
sterdroids... you're best bet is probably the free Google app called Listen. It's not live, but many programs are same day... and they are adding more all the time. Lots of npr programs and they have lots of (American Public Media) market reports. The Listen app is worth getting and doing a search for your program... if it's not on there now... odds are it will be soon. Listen is Google's entry into true smartphone "radio." It has a vast archive library including lots of classic radio. You can have fun with it while it grows. And it's free.

It looks cool but no go the shows arent on there. I am hoping for Iheart Radio App or something like it. Not sure why its so hard to stream a particular radio station(s) or find a list of talk radio shows in real time to listen too. it seems so elementary to me but I cannot get it :(

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
you think a hard drive is a trip down a bumpy road.

TheShaz

Reaction score
You're working on a way to mount your Droid to your Commodore 64
I still have parts from a Vic20 - one working 64 a SX64(the portable version), 128 and several Amigia's

Those were the days. :)

OK the the 1st question of this thread......

• if you still believe in this human caused Global Warming baloney
  • if you have trouble mastering the art of controling a modern microwave oven
  • if you change the channel on your cable or satellite receiver and your tv goes to snow and you dont know why

samredman

Reaction score
The google "listen app" is loaded with virtually all of the NPR programs (I was just now listening to several of today's shows)... so if you are an NPR listener, then the Droid is definitely for you. So perhaps a more apropos statement might be:

You probably shouldn't have bought the Droid if...

If you find that NPR is a bit over your head.

QiG

Reaction score
you still use rabbit ears to get reception on your 52in plasma TV

Rabbit ears give the highest quality HD signal so that point is moot.

True, and better yet, I love when people with better quality TVs that subscribe to cable come over and compliment the PQ on my TV that's receiving signal from a home-made coat hanger antenna.

You shouldn't have bought a Droid if you... think there should have been a mouse included in the box.

Reaction score
If this is your idea of hands free....

LOL! Hahaha im sorry but that is great.

If you consider this a mobile media player.
84%2BRedneck%2BLaptop.jpg

Last edited: