You know its gonna be locked...

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by JerseyFirefighter, Jul 7, 2011.

1. JerseyFirefighter

JerseyFirefighter New Member

The D3 has come graciously onto the scene, with all the goodies its promised to have had.. inclusive of a locked bootloader. So with that I see no reason why they would change less than a month later with the bionic... So get the whining out now, toss in a pentile display crack if you so choose as well... Threaten that you wont buy the phone but if the mobile gaming industry has taught us one thing.... us interweb folks dont stick to their guns... you know youre gonna buy it ; )

Exhibit A
    This is what happens when you tell a game dev that you wont buy from them if you dont do what they want... they watch you buy the game and play it shortly after..lol this never gets old..

[​IMG]
  2. brad92

brad92 New Member

How much do you wanna bet that I won't buy it?

sent from my ApeX
  3. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

Doesn't mean there won't be an update to unlock it...
  4. bplewis24

bplewis24 New Member

Trust me, I haven't purchased CoD since I promised myself I would never purchase another one of their games after MW2 came out. I stick to my guns.

I said a few days ago that if the Bionic is locked I would still purchase it because I expect it to be unlocked by the end of the year as per Motorola's promise. Having said that, I read the Motorola Forum link and it sort of irritates me that representatives are trying to justify the lockdown of the D3. The Bionic has been revised at least once and delayed because of it. They have had plenty of time to revise the software to make sure it's unlockable at release. If it isn't, and they don't announce anything about when it will be unlockable, I may take issue with it.

Time will tell. But one thing is for sure: I stick to my promises when I make them.

Brandon
  5. trailblazen

trailblazen New Member

Over on AC the Best Buy Wireless insider we have said that his VZW district rep had a unlocked bionic model and she said that it came out of the box unlocked. Another post he had she told him that she was supposed to sell it as a unlocked/lockable bootloader

http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-bionic/97793-definitely-july-edit-9.html#post1041086

DaBlackMamba [​IMG]
    Device(s): Droid X, Droid Charge
    ROM/Kernel: Apex 1.3.1 ,Altered Beast

Activity: [​IMG]

[​IMG] Re: Definitely July! [edit]
    Quote:

Appreciate the concern sir.
    Looks like:
    omap 4400
    unlockable/unlockable bootloader ( hers came out of the box unlocked)
    1gb ddr2

The pics that are floating around from phone arena are pretty much it, except im 90% sure my rep has the consumer version.
    -1 for physical camera button [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  6. JerseyFirefighter

JerseyFirefighter New Member

Im not saying it wont be rooted.. but ive seen a whole crap load of negative feedback, and frankly I dont see what the fuss is about considering locked bootloaders have been cracked prior to this. Its what I read in all the comment sections of the sites... "no bootloader, no buy" either people are sticking by their guns because of the principle of moto not listening to them (which I doubt is the case), or perhaps theyre too anxious to wait a month or two until they root it... I dont get overall negativity... I guess its something to get all up in arms about because theres nothing else to cry foul over atm.
  7. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

I agree. They did say locked and not encrypted so what's the big deal when the phone hasn't even been released yet.
  8. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

No one seems to remember the Atrix's bootloader getting unlocked recently ...

We just have to be patient on this one.
  9. mike02vr6

mike02vr6 New Member

I'll buy it! As of right now I am not even sure what I could do with a locked bootloader so doesn't really bother me that much. Once I learn how to use it I will start playing
  10. yiannis

yiannis New Member

Your point is fair, however the other LTE phones are so underwhelming it's hard to blame us for getting desperate.
  11. OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid New Member

"HEY! YA'H DON'T SAY THAT!!!"

[​IMG]

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums
Search tags for this page

omap4400 galaxy nexus