You can't tell it where to install apps?

kendawg

Reaction score
I have a ?, I have the Moto Droid, and I notice that all the apps you install, get installed to the internal memory, and you don't have a choice weither to install to the card. So what happen's when all the internal memory is used?

Also, something else I notice that I don't like, with my other phones it would remind you have 2min or 5 (which every you set) or not at all, to any un answered/viewed messages, I've look and can't find any such setting on the Droid... is there really no way to do this? If not that really sucks.. since if you just happen to miss the beep, you won't know without checking the phone all the time...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a ?, I have the Moto Droid, and I notice that all the apps you install, get installed to the internal memory, and you don't have a choice weither to install to the card. So what happen's when all the internal memory is used?

Also, something else I notice that I don't like, with my other phones it would remind you have 2min or 5 (which every you set) or not at all, to any un answered/viewed messages, I've look and can't find any such setting on the Droid... is there really no way to do this? If not that really sucks.. since if you just happen to miss the beep, you won't know without checking the phone all the time...

you cant choose where to store the apps. Just set on internal memory.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

My understanding is that eventually you will be able to move those apps to the SD card. I don't have a time as to when that will happen but you would have to have a heck of a lot of apps to use up your internal space.

There is a missed call app in the Market to let you know if you missed any calls.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's talk about an app that'll allow you to install to the sd card, but that isn't available yet.

crspang

Reaction score
I have almost 120 apps installed and I still have over half the available memory.

The missed call app may worth looking into for ya.

OP
K

kendawg

Reaction score
I have almost 120 apps installed and I still have over half the available memory.

Sorry, I didn't me so much missed call, I looking for text msg. reminders..

svttech76

Reaction score

Sorry, I didn't me so much missed call, I looking for text msg. reminders..

You have a few choices on that. I use a missed calls app for missed calls and I downloaded handcent for texting and in the settings you can set it up for reminders.

Just remember to shut off the notifications on the stock messenger app or you will get double notifications

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Missed Call isn't only for "missed call" reminders. It will do text.

superglen99

Reaction score
Also you had an LED that lights up when you get a text so if you aren't around when it beeps one quick glance at your droid and the LED will be lit up letting you know you got a text. Another thing it has over the idont :)

baniels

Reaction score
Handcent will let you choose the delay time, and the number of reminders for text messages.

huskur

Reaction score
Handcent is the way to go for messaging in my opinion. Very very customizable and will remind you of unread texts. It's in the market check it out

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just use the notification bar and LED but there are apps (don't forget about them -- a lot of Android newbies seem to assume that it isn't possible if it isn't stock for some reason) if that's what you want.

crspang

Reaction score
I just use the notification bar and LED but there are apps (don't forget about them -- a lot of Android newbies seem to assume that it isn't possible if it isn't stock for some reason) if that's what you want.

Agreed..........

That is the point of this phone's operating system, to customize it to fit your personality. There is an app for almost everything.