You Can Now Pre-Order The Unlocked S8 and S8+ In The US

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
s8image-jpg.77406

Carrier pre-orders are beginning to arrive on door steps. In fact if you ordered your Galaxy S8 or S8+ from Verizon or T-Mobile you more than likely already have your phone. If you were waiting on the unlocked version to become available you can pre-order that now. The unlocked version won't have all the carrier bloat that you would get with the phone otherwise. You will also be able to take it out of the country for use on GSM networks, and will be able to easily change between networks at home. The one major set back to going this route is speed of updates. Samsung is notorious for saving unlocked models for last when it comes to updates. I have spoken with some unlocked S7E users who have still not received the update to Nougat which is just mind boggling. If updates aren't important to you and you need an unlocked phone you can hit up the link below to pre-order.

via B&HPhoto

Attachments

• s8image.jpg
    s8image.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 4,565

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Price is too high ....BestBuy will have it available for less

"Best Buy said it will start selling the unlocked S8 and S8+ May 9 onwards. It's probably a better deal too as it prices there stood at $724.99 and $824.99, respectively. "

7+

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you guys talking about patch type updates?
I'm assuming that you're not referring to Android version upgrades, right?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DjNico

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@djnico

I have a Unlocked S7 Edge and no Nougat yet.... I been on the Samsung forums and we can't get any answers of to when or why we haven't received the update. We have received patches but that it. I called them out on twitter and I got a typical vague answer.

"Thank you for sending the DM. I apologize and understand your frustration regarding an update to Nougat. We don’t like to see our customers upset and inconvenienced. "The Nougat software update for unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7 phones is currently under review. Once it has been certified and gone through final testing, we will send an update to your device as soon as possible. The final date remains uncertain based on the outcome of the testing, but we hope the update will be released within the next 4-6 weeks.” - Samsung ^Terri"

This was this passed Thursday 4/20....

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bump

DjNico

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@djnico
Bump

Yes, we are referring to Android version upgrades. We have only received patches.
I have a US unlocked S7 Edge phone and still haven't received Nougat.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the answer.
So if posts 3 through now have to do with dissatisfaction of Android updates, I'm wondering why.
My first smart phone was a Razr Maxx (2012l, and it was awesome....until they forced Android version updates, which really caused a reduction in battery life. Fast forward to 2015. Brand new Note4. Awesome battery life, until again they forced Android version updates.

I'm wondering if zero carrier bloat trumps delayed updates.
I mean if on my next smartphone I could disable the update without rooting, I might.
For that matter I may root to prevent.