You can decide what would you like first : vlc player or psx emulator ?

Whats first ? PSX emu or VLC player ?

• PSX Emu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VLC Player

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

as i mentioned in the gaming section of this great forum, im actually in contact with zodttd, a very talented programer. he brought for example the iphone n64 and psx emu aswell as the iphone vlc player. i know him from the past as i had a palm pda and was in a palm forum.

now i had contacted him, asking him if he can make some of his cool work for android too. and he definately will do ! he wants to start RIGHT NOW. with the psx emu and the vlc player first. other things will follow. he asked me what he should make first ? so i decided to envolve the community and making a vote.

what do you want first for your android phone ? psx emu or vlc player.

greets andré.

mjs31

Reaction score
What would be the point of VLC?

Well if it is like the Windows VLC player, you could play most types of movies. Now, I dont no the limitations the Droid presents for this, but when I used to own a palm treo...years ago..there was a 3rd party video player where you also were able to load all the required codecs and play most video. If this can be done on the Droid with VLC, then this is by far my choice. I use VLC on my home computer and have yet to find a video I could not play.

souperman11

Reaction score
While VLC would be nice, nothing beats some FF7 on the go :icon_ banana:

nunka

Reaction score
VLC is kind of, well, terrible. So my vote goes to a PSX emulator, even though I doubt the Droid's hardware is robust enough to emulate PSX games at decent framerates.

joshua117

Reaction score
well i would like them both, but i think they are both unlikley in the near future.

osirhis

Reaction score
I want VLC because it would be nice to carry around some divx movies on my Droid.

OP
MustangGT500

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
we will get both its just what we get first :). but youre right in the last time were released some good games like iron sight and still NO divx player outhhere. xyflash should do but it doesnt work nice.

heres is the email from zod i get before i decide to make this thread.

"Hi!

Thanks so much for doing this research for me. I will start with PSX and VLC. Which out of those two do you think is more in demand? I will probably try developing these on my slower HTC Hero (Euro) while I wait on getting a Droid or such.

Thanks again!
ZodTTD
[email protected]
http://www.zodttd.com"

i think it wont take long time till the first release. he works fast and is very talented. greets.

JamesButabi

Reaction score
Id like to see him work on using the wiimote as a controller as he has with Iphone.

CKyle22

Reaction score
I voted for VLC but want to change it. PSX (with decent controls) would kick ass. But VLC is probably more doable.

OP
MustangGT500

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes wiimote also would be very cool for gaming like psx or as media control. imagine you can use your droid as a hifi system and switch through your mp3s out of your bed while the droid lays on your desk lol.

dajakal

Reaction score
I don't know if the point is VLC as in the program, or VLC as in the ability to play video files of all formats. Divx, xvid, etc. are way to ubiquitous for Android to ignore them, and that really needs to be fixed. So, yea, VLC, or whatever you want to call it, if it means I can play native divx files.

OP
MustangGT500

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i just want to say that ill send the results at 8 o clock pm (german time) to zod, that he can start to begin.