You Can Control Your SmartPhone With Windows 10

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

While it is not built into Windows 10 directly with a few apps and a bit of know how you can control your phone from Window 10! This would be super useful for managing notifications, responding to texts, and even controlling smart home appliances. In order for this to work a little bit of hackery is involved. The setup is actually a bit daunting so this will require a bit of patience. You will need tasker installed on your phone. The controls happen via Cortana voice commands. You will need to import your commands over to Android and set your default browser as Chrome. Head to the link below for full instructions.

via AndroidAuthority

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks fixed

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Interesting...I can see the advantage of using Cortana, but I don't want to go to Tasker(use Locale) and prefer Dolphin over Chrome.

Besides, I'm "retiring" one of my laptops to a media center, and what I'll want to do is control my computer with my smartphone/tablet. I believe there are apps for that. Even better, when I upgrade my A/V receiver to a wireless model, then I'll control the whole thing with my phone/tablet (goodbye Logitech remote - you were great, but you're a hassle to set-up).

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
the question is if it will be exclusive to windows phone or also for android

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipad mini retina prix samsung galaxy s6

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
the question is if it will be exclusive to windows phone or also for android
This particular setup is for android. With a Windows Phone, it'll probably take a lot less setup to do similar things. That is, if they're smart about WP integration at all.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting...I can see the advantage of using Cortana, but I don't want to go to Tasker(use Locale) and prefer Dolphin over Chrome.

Besides, I'm "retiring" one of my laptops to a media center, and what I'll want to do is control my computer with my smartphone/tablet. I believe there are apps for that. Even better, when I upgrade my A/V receiver to a wireless model, then I'll control the whole thing with my phone/tablet (goodbye Logitech remote - you were great, but you're a hassle to set-up).
Splashtop allows using the phone/tablet anywhere that has a data/Wi-Fi connection to control the desktop/laptop. When I had an iPad it was a must have when away from home. When I got a Tab I didn't need it anymore because I could mimic so many desktop actions on the tablet itself.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4