You asked for it.. You got it.. an LTE Chip That Will Work Anywhere in the World!

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
This chip is pretty exciting.

OEM products featuring the complete Qualcomm RF360 Solution are anticipated to be launched in the second half of 2013.

- Qualcomm

[video=youtube;4KtsqA8HDXY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KtsqA8HDXY[/video]

EDIT BY SHADEZ: Adding to the OP - Thanks Dusty!

Last edited by a moderator:

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
If Moto/Goog have some sense and the cajones, I would definitely suggest they push back the rollout of the X Phone if possible to include this chip. I'm tempted to hold out upgrading until I can get a device with this onboard.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
with this chip, it won't matter. buy a phone, unlock it and activate it on what ever carrier you like.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
with this chip, it won't matter. buy a phone, unlock it and activate it on what ever carrier you like.

Technically I think VZ and Sprint could still prevent activation if they see fit because 3G will still use CDMA bands for now, but I can't imagine them wanting to deal with the hell that would be denying paying customers an otherwise compatible device. They did what they could with the Nexus, but I think phones with these chips will be a different story entirely.

I have to say it would be quite grand to get a mostly bloat-free device straight out of the box.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
this chip works on gsm/cdma/lte/edge/whatever band there is in the world. verizon is looking for roaming partners now in europe because they know people will just stick a euro sim card in their verizon phone and verizon won't make any money.

alamopokeymom

Reaction score
Will the new chip work in my Droid Bionic? when will it become available?
I often visit places where Verizon does not work -- will this chip help out?
Thanks for your help.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
No, it won't help you unless you buy a device that contains that chip.

dalidali

Reaction score
I have always used the local SIM with a global phone. So, no midnight calls!!! and way cheaper for sure. Tmobile unlocked the phone when I asked, so did Verizon. You need to ask. Now I have a Galaxy Slll and Verizon told me it is already unlocked for overseas SIM cards. It is locked to other USA carriers. My two cents worth. ciao

Last edited:

52brandon

Reaction score
I wonder how bad battery life will be initially with that new LTE chip...

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have always used the local SIM with a global phone. So, no midnight calls!!! and way cheaper for sure. Tmobile unlocked the phone when I asked, so did Verizon. You need to ask. Now I have a Galaxy Slll and Verizon told me it is already unlocked for overseas SIM cards. It is locked to other USA carriers. My two cents worth. ciao
It's unlocked for their cards, but it will not work on their LTE bands. This new chip will allow for 4G global data as well.