Yotaphone 2 Will Have a White Version with Lollipop and Improved E-Ink Display

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
white_yotaphone2-3.png

Some new info just dropped on the latest Yotaphone 2. Apparently, the phone will see a new release (basically a refresh) with a few subtle differences. One is that there will now be a white colored version. Another is that the phone will now include Android 5. x Lollipop.

On top of that, there is also rumor that the newer version will include new software that will enhance its E-Ink display. Here's a quote with more of the details,

An update to Lollipop 5.0 is rolling out to all YotaPhone 2 devices and aside from all the improvements to Android that this new version packs, it also adds some significant changes to Yota's own software layer mostly affecting the E Ink side. It should be easier to set up a YotaCover (think of it like a widget-based lockscreen) and to switch between panels on the back display.

What do you guys think of the white version? Is this phone as intriguing as ever?

Source: AndroidPolice

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I know plenty of people like them, but I don't get the appeal of a white device.

Still would love to get my hands on one of these though.

Sent from my Note 4

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
This is definitely a phone to get in black. But I would rather have the option than no options.

I would also like to play with this device. I can't remember, does the e-ink side of the phone work with all apps or only readers? I can see the major benefit to having it work with things like hangouts and browsing.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I love the design. I don't know if I'd use it, but I do love the design and idea.