YotaPhone 2 Likely Coming to T-Mobile This Spring

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jan 14, 2015.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

When the YotaPhone 2 was announced at CES this year, we covered it and reported that it was going to come to North America. We even followed that up with a recent FCC certification story for the device. Today we have more specific intel to report. According to the latest rumor, Yotaphone 2 will be launched on T-Mobile later this Spring.

The report indicates that if/when it does come to T-Mo, it will likely retail for $600-$700 unlocked, but that's something you likely guessed already. What do you guys think of the YotaPhone 2? Could it gain enough traction in the market to challenge some of the other underdogs like LG and HTC?

Source: AndroidAuthority

2. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +756
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel XL
    I really like the idea of this phone but I'm not sure i'd ever really get any benefit from it. If I'm going to take my phone out of my pocket to look at the back of it, why not look at the front where that same information can be seen on the lock screen with the press of a button or double tap the screen.

3. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,379
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    Because on the back, the info is always there and ready for you and may not even require a tap and the e-ink display is much gentler on the battery just to find out that the notification you just got was for an email you don't care about anyway. Haha!

I'm very interested to see how this pans out. Obviously they felt they did alright with the first Yota phone, since they've made a newer model and are branching out into different markets. Can't really speculate as to how it'll do.

4. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +756
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel XL
    Oh ya, e-ink is stupid efficient on battery life. I also wonder how durable it is compared to the normal plastic/metal backing of a phone. I know when my phone is in my pocket, the screen always faces my leg and the back tends to get hit on stuff as I'm walking. My wife has had a couple Kindles with the e-ink displays and they aren't that duable.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,379
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    Still gorilla glass, but I carry my phone the same way & know exactly what you mean.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk