Yikes, I'm glad I'm here

ldav

Reaction score
Oh, brother. Got a Droid 2 and am stymied at every turn. But I have a good attitude. Got frustrated by the online/download version of the User's Manual and just figured out how to request a hard copy. Good. I have such basic questions, like how do I connect with Wi Fi or through the air via Verizon Wireless service, and what's the difference, anyway? Don't even know the terminology. Is there a section on this website like "Smart Phones for Dummies"?
Thanks.
ldav

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's a slight learning curve, you'll figure it out. Welcome to the forum.

In the mean time, to connect to a Wifi network: Menu Button > Settings > Wireless and Networks > Wifi Settings > Select your network and connect, enter password if necessary. This will let your phone use a Wifi Network rather than the cell network.

The Verizon service you're talking about will allow your computer to connect to the internet using your phone and the cell network. You can pay Verizon for this service, or enable it for free with some relatively easy modifications to the phone software.

Get to learn your phone, read the forums, and we can help you whenever you need.

Have fun.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!!

there's a separate section for D2 users, with several subforums. you'll find plenty of info there, as well as in the Droid Discussions section. don't hesitate to post and ask questions.

but most of all, have fun!! :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The more you hang out, read and ask questions the easier this will become

:welcome:

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. You'll pick up the jargon fairly quickly but if I'm not mistaken there may be a terminoligy thread around here somewhere. Enjoy your time here.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Welcome to the forum. We have a section dedicated to the Droid 2. To get there bit the Forum tab at the top of the page then scroll down until uiu see the Droid 2 section. There you will find a wealth of information.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App