1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

yet another problem with "bugless" beast

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by mr.droid87, May 23, 2010.

1. mr.droid87

mr.droid87 New Member

Now whenever I rotate my screen, it gets all fuzzy/blurry and it freezes it started doing this when I switched to the smoked glass theme, I originally had the stock bugless beast with luna theme, I had this problem before but it wasn't as bad as it is now. I wiped and backup date before I installed the smoked glass theme with 1.2 ghz kernel, and it got stuck in boot loop. so I tried to go back to luna theme, but whenever I rotated my screen it got stucked, I can only use my phone if the keyboard is slide out. Once I did that I went back to Luna theme, and all was well, so I installed bugless beast smoked glass 1.0ghz since I know I can run 1.0ghz without a problem. It installed just fine then when I slide the keyboard down it got stuck again. My battery died so I put it on the charger and tried to go back to the luna theme but now all I see is a blank screen, I hear the droid noise (at times I hear it several times) letting me know it's booted but I still see a blank screen when I do a battery pull and hold down the power button with the x button to get to recovery I still see a blank screen everything else works the keyboard and the keys light up but the screen is still blank, I left the phone on the charger so it can charge but I can't see my screen it's just blank I'm getting very frustrated can anyone help me?
    Last edited: May 23, 2010
  2. HarshReality

HarshReality New Member

Do a search here for the sbf file and do a forced restore via USB. While I wont discredit a 'bug' I will simply say that I have flipped back and forth between bugless and several themes and the only time I have seen any similar issue was when a non-recommended kernel was used or the kernel simply disagreed with the droid hardware or a complete wipe was not done (some recommend doing it a few times while in recovery just to be certain).

ie. some claim to run 1.2 and 1.3Ghz LV kernel.. when I try them my droid becomes possessed So I backed down to the 800 LV for stability.
  3. shiccy

shiccy New Member

I hate it when electronics become possessed. It's even worse when you expose them to the cube radiation from Transformers! Then they get minigun upgrades :( :( :(

FWIW I have found that the Droid accelerometer w/ BB was a bit too touchy and would flip back and forth too easily. Becuase of that I went into the configuration and turned off auto rotate ... Now it only rotates when the keyboard comes out, and its much improved b/c of that.
    Last edited: May 23, 2010
  4. HarshReality

HarshReality New Member

Yea.. but Droids when exposed to the radiation only target iPhones >:)
  5. shiccy

shiccy New Member

Friendly fire :( :( *rubs his shin*
  6. mr.droid87

mr.droid87 New Member

I tried it and even though it completed my phone screen still won't come on i'm going to try it again
  7. shiccy

shiccy New Member

LOL oops - sorry we kinda highjacked your thread. Um ... Do you have coverage? :\
  8. mr.droid87

mr.droid87 New Member

no but i heard verizon is letting people upgrade their phone for free if they switch to a two year (i'm on a one year), or extended their contract I may have to do that unless I have to pay a lot of money to get another droid
  9. Liquid Fusion

Liquid Fusion New Member

If you're having pblms with your Droid read Matth3w's thread on restoring you Droid to unrooted status. Then return it as defective.

I'm sure if you install only Pete's recommended rom / kernels - you will be fine. Extensive wiping eliminates bugs. The Rom Manager - ClockworkMod has a way to wipe boot / data / cache / system / sdcard. Start fresh. Hook up your Droid via USB mount to your computer and back up the sdcard. Or use a SDcard reader.
  10. dwagner88

dwagner88 New Member

dude, periods. Please.
  11. Liquid Fusion

Liquid Fusion New Member

Don't give up!!!!
    Last edited: May 24, 2010
  12. chomorro

chomorro New Member

I havet had any problems with any if the themes or bb roms. Im on 1ghz with no problems still.

But I did experience your battery dead wont come on problem last night. My phone shut off and would not cone back on after plugging it into the laptop. I fixed the problem by plugging it into my home verizon wall charger. Phone came right on. Maybe its something to do with voltage not sure. Hopefully it helps you
  13. mr.droid87

mr.droid87 New Member

tried it many times but i still can't see my screen sometimes it would work and i'll get to the point where i have to sign it but every time i slide my keyboard the screen gets fuzzy and freezes i'll do a battery pull and the screen will no longer show and every time i try to sbf it the rsd lite always says fail even though its completed i'm going to try using the 2.0 sbf instead of 2.0.1
  14. actngrezy

actngrezy Beta Team Developer

Iv'e flashed my friends phone a few times and it has said fail but in foact was completed. The phoen reboots comes on then it says fail. But in fact it was completed. Just a suggestion.
  15. pastortommy

pastortommy New Member

Can someone tell me how to install the latest bugless beast rom? I've only installed one (droidmod) thus far and its been a while. Any links/instructions would be appreciated :)
    Thanks,
    Tommy
  16. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Beta Team

Search tags for this page

android .gif

android animation
android animation gif

android gif

android gif image
android gifs
android logo gif