yet another noob

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dominus, Jun 25, 2010.

1. dominus

dominus New Member

first off i want to apologize because this has to of been asked many times in different forms so sorry. But i am looking for a rom that suits my needs and cant seem to catagorize all of the rooting information on this sight let alone out on the web. and i assume since this sight is made by experts looking to help others i hope you can provide your knowledge and maybe this thread can help others.

ive read the stickies and used the search feature to little avail
    i know of linux but am not familiar with it once so ever (though ive heard its pretty simple)

a little about:
    my phone (the Moto droid) has been rooted and sprecovery used. my first rom was the blue Kangerade and it worked wonderfull but im looking for a little something else from it.now ive been using rom manager to try bugless and the smoked theme as well one of the 1ghz kernals provided with it. i hope your following me here haha. i was using setcpu and noticed that my droid was reaching about 104 degrees while plugged in and just using the browser. i set it down to 900 and within 5min it cooled to low 90s so i imagine thats the chip thing i read about and that my phone is not able to handle the full 1ghz for long periods at least??? i play a lot of games on this, do a lot of text messaging, use few widgets, love the browser (dolphin hd), charge as i sleep, and kill my apps periodically (*usually have about 90mb after killing each time)

so the question is can you help me find the rom kernal and theme (i like dark and semi plain) + whatever else i may be looking for.

thanks in advance (Hope you can help)
    ps: anything not helpfull please keep to yourself
  2. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

Dominus, I wouldn't say 104 Degrees is overly hot? Someone with a better knowledge of this may chime in. But I would guess as long as it isnt getting above say 120 you should be more then ok. Other than the hotter it gets the quicker your battery depletes.

As for a rom. Id say Kangerade is pretty good. Has a lot to it.

As for a kernel, it sounds to me like your wanting to save as much battery as possible while still getting good performance. I would suggest using one of the P3 Low Voltage kernels located here P3Droid Kernels You could go with the 800mhz kernel. This gives you up to 800 mhz overclocked when using SetCPU. Should be a good one to give you stellar performance AND still have good battery life.

Good luck, and im sure there will be others coming along with more experience and suggestions.
  3. dominus

dominus New Member

Ok thank you very much I think I will download one of these though I've heard chevyno1 has some really good kernals. I'm just not used to navigating this sight yetso the kernal link was extremely helpful. Is there a place I can pic and find more kernals like these?
  4. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

There might be. im not really sure. You might check out the app rom manager. It will def make your life easier and allow you to switch between roms on the fly.