Yet another noob question

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Hey androidians, I have seen many topics and am still unclear as to whether or not to flash my dog over to liberty rom. I have everything ready to go but I do not want to end up with bug issues. I love my droid and I do not want to lose any features. Can someone please post a link or a step by step tut that will help me optimize my druid or should I forget about it?

Thanks in advance,

Noob androidian

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

deejay1111

Reaction score
I noticed you said that you do not want to lose any features.... Liberty is basically a blur-less rom which means that you will not have easy access to the blur widgets. Not sure if you used these or not. The one that people seem to miss the most is the Social Networking widget. You can get an idea of what the ones are that you will lose by long pressing the screen and looking at the Motorola Widgets.

OP
tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Okay so the mono widgets are the ones that I will lose. Fair enough. The social network widget is the only one I use I think. But isn't there an app for that anyway? I more concerned about 3g and the more important features. Any input? And thanks so far.

deejay1111

Reaction score
There are a couple apps that are close (eg Tweetdeck or Seesmic) I am currently using the GB leak so I have not tried the new Liberty 2.0. I have a Droid 2 (not Global). When I was on Liberty 1.5 the only thing I really noticed not working was the LED light on the side when the phone was plugged in. Other than that, and an occasional random restart here and there, Liberty was a great ROM. Never had any extra 3G difficulty than before.

Looking at your OP again I am slightly confused with what phone you are trying to put Liberty on???

OP
tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Well I have just flashed the rom and used titanium back up. My spb shell 3d is all jacked up, not a big deal but now my ohine is completely dead. No connection, no 3g, no data, no cell connection. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP> This is a catastrophe. If I don't get this fixed I am screwed.... PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

deejay1111

Reaction score
Which phone are you trying to flash Liberty too? The reason I asked this on the last post is because Liberty is designed for the Droid 2 (not Global) and the Droid X.

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Well I have just flashed the rom and used titanium back up. My spb shell 3d is all jacked up, not a big deal but now my ohine is completely dead. No connection, no 3g, no data, no cell connection. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP> This is a catastrophe. If I don't get this fixed I am screwed.... PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

That's because you flashed a D2 rom to the D2G. I recommend nandroid

cricketson007

Reaction score

You need the romer. zip and sensor. zip to fix that. Don't freak out. Look in forums it's there.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

You need the romer. zip and sensor. zip to fix that. Don't freak out. Look in forums it's there.

Wrong, just the romer, sensor zip is for v1 (for use on blur roms). Download this and flash it in Clockwork Recovery

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
OP
tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys. My buddy and I got the romer installed with liberty and I have almost zero issues since. I am about to go to sleep as I have been messing with it all night and I am starting a new job in a few hours ><. My current issue is that I have no data connection. 3G is gone and I cant use the market or my beloved weather bug map. If there is a fix for this please post a link because I am about to revert back to my backked up stock rom. This is a deal breaker since I cannot access many of the basic features of the phone now that the data connection is gone.