yet another noob.....maybe

b p

Reaction score
hi gang, bob from dayton oh area.
i am currently using an omnia, hasn't been a bad phone but it is time for an upgrade(as of several months ago) .
as i will be brand new to the droid family i am looking at a few options....
droid x2-- dual core is attractive to me too bad no 4g
thunderbolt--- i like the build of the phone alas no hdmi output
charge ---4g is cool,along with hdmi output but since i can get thunderbolt for 149.99 and the charge for 249.99, is the charge worth the extra 100.00??

additionally, how difficult will it be to dl movies to any of these phones ie : netflix as well as dvd's that i currently own. also how difficult to move the music library from my zune to the new droid? most of my songs are drm free as i loaded them from cd to the zune library. i had quite a few other questions that were answered by searching through various threads.now that my head is spinning ....i think these were the only ones i had left...
thanks guys and gals !
b p

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum. You seem to understand the plusses and minuses of the phones you're looking at. I don't know what to tell you, that's a decision you need to make. And remember, you only get 14 days to try it now.

As far as movies go, there are some files that android phones won't play. It depends on the extension. Music from one phone to another? You don't use your phone to store your music, right? I mean you have a back up on a computer, correct.

Dragging them from the computer will work or you can get an app for your computer like Double Twist to take care of that.

I don't believe without a computer you would be able to transfer music.

OP
B

b p

Reaction score
hook, thanks for the reply. actually the zune is microsoft version of the ipod. and yes i do have all the movies and songs that are on my mp3 also on my computer in the zune library....
more i think about this the more i am leaning towards the charge....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh, I'm sorry about my ignorance on the Zune, but if it's mp3 files it shouldn't be a problem.