Yet another battery life post...

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
Using standard battery - at 30% remaining after 6 hours. Using extended battery - down to 5% after 9 hours. The big user is TouchDown (25%) but it's not on push mode, and only sync's every 15 minutes. Sure seems like battery life is pretty poor - considering normal use is periodic throughout the day, and no streaming, or no continuous GPS/Maps, etc... I did just buy a factory new extended battery, and swap that out with the other batteries when it dies. I'm on JB. Is my battery life consistent with others? This seems worse than before - with extended battery, it's been as good as 16 hours with equivalent use. I'm about to bail on the phone for another one... It just seems like carrying around 3-4 batteries with me to get a day's usage is counter productive...

vdubnut

Reaction score
I don't know what touchdown is, but I can get through the work day on the stock battery... Nothing special, just JB. I keep the screen off when I'm not using it, ie I don't let it time out.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know what touchdown is... I keep the screen off when I'm not using it, ie I don't let it time out.

It's an email app. I use MailDroid myself. I also have Screebl, which turns off the screen when it's laid down.

The extended battery can last me a day, but depends on where I am. If it's a good 4G area, it lasts longer than when I'm home (I live in a valley) as the phone uses more power when it tries to get a good connection.

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
Stock battery that came with the phone, and I use battery doctor to give me 1% increments that are true battery levels instead of guesses like other apps. But what I notice is that my phone will jump around with the battery. When it's charging, it'll stay for 30 minutes at 60%, then jump to fully charged. Same with discharging, from 70 to 50, 50 to 30, 30 to 15.

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
Hopefully the pictures show up but these screenshots were taken seconds apart from each other. Went from 60 to 100.

jhom

Reaction score
I turn off data when I'm using wifi. It saves a significant amount of battery use.

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
I also find this funny.. It's been running at 1% for the past 2 hours

deduct

Reaction score
You need to calibrate your battery halo.

Reaction score
I get great life on the extended battery and stock rooted JB. Got the extended battery in november, I can get over a day out of it on Wifi with all my stuff updating like normal.