Yes or No

Reaction score
Im just wanting to know from this poll how many people in the Droid community have insurance or not ( DROID not personal related just DROID PHONE). :motdroidvert:

Last edited:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you buy a subsidized phone that costs $599 full retail, you want the insurance because, well ask some of the people on here who have had to kick themselves because they didn't have insurance and needed it.

OP
thebourbonnflip
Reaction score
When you buy a subsidized phone that costs $599 full retail, you want the insurance because, well ask some of the people on here who have had to kick themselves because they didn't have insurance and needed it.

apparently when i bought my phone at BestBuy insurance wasnt added..too bad i didnt know this until after the 30days after purchase =( ..o well..never really had insurance on my old phones and they lasted me pretty well(2yr contract) so this is my baby lol

Champers

Reaction score
I thought there was an insurance mandate. I wouldn't want to be fined 2% of my income for not buying insurance.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've ordered it, but I have to wait another 2 weeks before I get it.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
DROID not personal related just DROID PHONE
What does that mean?

It's a personal judgment call. I've never had it on any former subsidized device but I haven't had a device with a glass screen before either.

coolcat600

Reaction score
Doing the math, its an extra $144 over the course of the 2 year agreement (if that's what you have) and that is less than the cost that you paid for it if you bought it before all the sweet deals going on right now. Not to mention, if you do have it break between now and the 2 year upgrade you're going to save a boatload of cash.

Granted, if you go all two years you lose $144 bucks. But, it is better than being out $600 if you want the phone after breaking it without, and it is also better than crying as you have to go to some cheap crappy phone b/c you can't afford that. I'm sticking w/ insurance on the phone.

shiccy

Reaction score
I totally understand the point of insurance, but from what I was told the insurance has a $50+ deductible, and added like $8/mon. I just can't fathom having that extra cost on a phone, especially since this is the first phone I've ever paid the $30/mon data fee on. I had a WME phone previously, but didn't have the data plan. My phones typically last just under the 2 year mark with flawless use, and then >2yr with slightly hampered use (HTC Touch's screen started going wonkey, but still worked till I got the Droid).

I typically have my phone in my pocket or sitting on a table. I try my hardest to not drop it (not always successful, but Droid's better than a slippery white Touch), and I take precautions to not get it wet - if I'm in the bathroom it's nowhere near running water, the toilet lid is closed, etc.

My phone is my life from time to time, and because of that I treat it like royalty.