Yes, it's me and I'm back

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wrote this up the other day on my iPad but for some reason it didn't post so I'm going to try it again. Hello everyone, I'm hookbill and no, I'm not a new member just a very old one who has been a while.

I've had quite a few people drop by my page and left some warm welcome back messages. It's good to be back. I now feel like I've returned home.

First I want to give danDroid kudos for making this possible. I mentioned to one of the other Mods that I might be interested in coming back and before you could blink an eye I had a password and all of my post return. I also would like to thank Wera, he was the one who contacted Dan for me.

I have been looking around and quite a few things have changed. It's very odd to have nearly 20,000 post and only one like but hey, I have to start somewhere right? For those of you who don't know me I'm more or less one of the original staff here at Droid Forum and I'm hoping to return to staff, that is if Dan sobers up from the party he was at last night in San Antonio. Whoops….too much info?

I also want to compliment the staff here at DF, the new mods and Smods are doing a great job. Being a moderator never leaves you specially when you were a mod here at DF and I spot things that maybe need to be moved to the correct area and they are johnny on the spot in doing it. Congratulations guys, I always said it's an honor and a privilege to be a moderator here.

So that's about it, I was gone, and I'm back. My goal is to try to help people where I can and yes I am opinionated and you'll see that in my posts too. Some people love me, and I'm sure there are some that can't stand me. Let me just say if I ever wrote you up in the past for anything I don't hold any grudges and be honest, you probably deserved it. :)

I don't root my phone anymore so for most of you if you're looking for help on something like that I'm probably not the guy to talk to but I always try to help when someone ask.

So that's about it, again its good to be back and I hope to make some more friends here.

-hook

Oh yeah, that's what you call me, hook. I'm not bill, a bill is something I pay or spend. Eventually when my sig gets squared away I'll probably stick a reminder in there about that.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Woo hoo! The hook is back! I've user your suggestions and help for years. Thanks again.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks, just trying to let some of the other people who may have been around for a short time what I'm about. All of a sudden this guy pops up with 19,500 post and I'm sure some may have wondered how that happened.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Woo hoo! The hook is back! I've user your suggestions and help for years. Thanks again.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

Thank you JohnnytheK. I hope I didn't break anything. :D

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome back Hook. You're one of the earliest friends I ever met on here, and nice that we've remained friends over the years, even when we didn't see eye to eye and when you took a sabbatical from DF. I see you have 2 likes now too :biggrin:

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Been wondering misself what the hecks going on... Glad yer back!

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome back Hook. You're one of the earliest friends I ever met on here, and nice that we've remained friends over the years, even when we didn't see eye to eye and when you took a sabbatical from DF. I see you have 2 likes now too :biggrin:

Thank you Vulcan not only for that but what you had to say earler as well

i'm so glad you're back, i missed you.:smile-b:

That's kind of how I ended up back here. I just though, "I miss Droid Forums." Came out of nowhere, didn't spend anytime thinking about it. Bam! Here I am

Been wondering misself what the hecks going on... Glad yer back!

Thanks I appreciate that. I noticed when I just came in to check this post it's had over 200 views. So either a whole bunch of people who didn't know me are having a look, or a bunch of people who didn't like me are. :) It's all good.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome back hook. Good to see you posting again!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome back hook!

I don't normally get to welcome users with 3x the post I have :p

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hook! Thanks for the "intro" and welcome back. 50,000 posts by tomorrow? :big smile: