Yep, another one of these threads.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by corymra, Dec 22, 2011.

1. corymra

corymra New Member

Hey all, Im new to this forum and to android tech. I am havein trouble rooting my phone.( I have searched hundreds of sites for these answers, but there is just so much info out there I dont know whats right or whats wrong.) Pretty much the main thing I want to be able to do is tether my wifi to my laptop. Also maybe try customize my phone as well. From what I have read, rooting is the best way to get that. I guess my question would be (once again Im sorry for asking this repetitive question) but what is the simplest way to root? The only thing I have tried was the z4root, but it always get stuck on the extorting. So i remove the battery, reinstall the battery and run it again. This time it seems like it works, but when I check to see if I have the superuser app its not there. So I click on the z4root again, and it forces close. I have uninstalled, and rereinstalled z4 but i have the same outcome every time. There has to be something that i am missing. Please someone help me out weather its pointing me to the right thread, or actually responding with an answer. Thanks in advance for the help.
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to Droid forums!! And sorry I know you posted yesterday but I just saw it this morning.

What OS version are you running? If it is 2.3.3 then z4 will not work and you need to use the "D3 One-Click Method" to root.
  3. Mad.Matt

Mad.Matt New Member

Ok here's what you need: First of all you need to download and install the "Motorola End User Driver" for your PC, next download the "Motorola One Click Root" (you can just google these things and find them...) from there it is literally one click, just plug your droid to your USB port and run the one click root program and your done! Hint Make sure you save the One Click Root Program directly on your root of your C: drive ... This should get it done for you smoothly.