year old member finally starts posting

krayman bauer

Reaction score
Ok.

have been a member since may and just found this introduction thread.....so now you know that i am kinda of a moron.
seriously tho, found this site linked from droid-life when i rooted my droid 1(OG droid for life! =P) just about 2 weeks after i bought it in march 2010. became a member here for alot of reasons...mostly due to the huge knowledge base i saw throughout the site; also for the great attitude this community showed me and all the other newbs i saw posting here... to me there is nothing worse than some ***hole posting a "here let me google that for you" vid and not answering the ? your looking for an answer to. holy frustrating :angry:...i was on another site before joining here and got that from some dbag and all i could think was, " ok. i am rooting my first smart phone, and when i need help, this guy is making a video of him searching for the answer i need (which at the time seemed like movie special affects to me) just to show me what i already know and what he has to prove to everyone on the forum ....that i am a newb and he's the cool guy in the room instead of just saying," heres the sbf file your looking for...dont forget to make a nandroid and enjoy!" i never got that treatment here yet and thats what has kept me coming back. i have seen people post something kinda crappy and immediately get chastised for it and get warned and even gotten crap from non admins which shows the great attitude and this communities ability to almost self police.

now we fast forward a year and this is still my home for everything droid. i , since rooting, have flashed just about every rom i can get my hands on. i have tons of times almost thrown my droid at the wall after watching a boot loop for what felt like hours. i have rooted friends droids, inc's, and EVO's and will be doing 2 x's soon as well. i am looking to learn how to develop and make a rom as this once fun hobby has quickly escalated into an obsession. i got off the windows teet years ago and having running ubuntu for quite some time now. i have started playing with the sdk's through eclipse just kinda poking around. if it wasnt for a safe and friendly place like this i dont what i would be doing with my off time so for that i thank you.

now that the preverb. ass kissing is done:icon_eek:, i am 31 and like spending time with my wife and 18 month old daughter. i am a devout christian but a "free style" one as i like to describe myself. where as most religious groups love to hate some group of people or another due to THEIR interpretation of the bible, i prefer to love everyone no matter their religion or love interests or any of that crap. i always try to be nice and helpfull to people..... yet at least once a week end up shooting the finger at some masshole for going 55 in the high speed lane so i guess i got some work to do on my anger problems. i swear like a sailor but never take the lords name. i also make a point to never shove religion down someones throat. i already am done with f-ing shoveling as i live in rhode island and i got like 6 ft in my front yard. i love electronics and computers. i have a pretty big video game library ranging from colleco to ps3...no xbox. like my fanboy-ism for droid, playstation is my one true love. ( yup, i am drinking the xbox hateraid) i have 8 systems in all and i lost count of how many games. i watch alot of tv which explains my obesity i guess. more than anything i LOVE to cook...anything and everything. i hate to grill but put me at a stove and i am in heaven. i have been married for 6 years to a chick who not only puts up with my stupidity, but is also a kickass gamer so that a win for me. not much into computer games.....guess i am a console kinda guy. looking forward to the bionic when my upgrade is up in november. currently running jeffv2's newest GB. favorite roms, without naming them all, are (in no particular order) BB, chevy 1, lfy, PE, shadowrom, steel droid when i am feeling alittle bland, metickone, cm anything. i read almost every night....usually steven king. not only is he kinda the local flavor but i starting reading when i was like 12 or so and my kinda warped ma thought he'd be a good start. i love anything android since dumping my ( shading my eyes) alias for my droid. i hate crapple and their elitist garbage that they peddle. :icon_ devil::icon_ devil: also not a big fan of the dancing banana i see all the time but hey, cant please us all. i love movies and am pretty funny when i have a pint or two. i work as a service tech and spend alot of time on the road all over new england. jsu realized hat this must be like 1000 words and i probably lost you somewhere around "ok." so i am gonna wrap it up now. looking forward to making some friends and talking droid shop with you so i will see ya around the forums.

ray =P 0.o

guess thats it.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Excellent intro! I had posted quite a bit before I created mine back in the day, but not a whole year! You're probably nothing like the person you were when you joined up!

Sent from my DROIDX

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Nice book =P

Im with ya on reading, for me it was harry potter and then steven king though lol. Like you i also came over from the alias,was good phones but nothing compared to droids.

Anyways, welcome =D

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

RVdroid

Reaction score
Hey! Learn to grill! :)Just kidding man, I'm the exact opposite, love to grill, hate my kitchen, but I'm a passable cook either way.
I'm also am with you on the Stephen King, I picked up The Wastelands and The Stand at my middle school bookfair when I was in 6th grade. I have no idea what they were thinking selling King to middle school kids.
Anyway, I'm relatively new here and you are correct, people here are actually helpful and respectful, such a rarity on most online forums.
I guess...Welcome Back!

OP
krayman bauer

krayman bauer

Reaction score
tx! you liking your global? wa salmost gonna try to pick one up but wanted to hold off for the ces show and see the new moto goodies!

RVdroid

Reaction score
I'm digging the d2g, it's powerful enough to do anything I want, also alot of the customization apps and goodies for older droids are integrated into the global. I've run across alot of older threads here where people are talking about this app and such and I'm thinking, "my droid does this stock".
I'm scared to death of rooting it and really playing around with it too much.
Do I want to? Yes. Will I? Probably not.
I'm the guy who failed at copying the code for lemon drop on my apple 2c.
I know you have a sour taste for apple, but for me it's what I came up with.
Is a better droid already on the way? Yep. But I'm happy with what I've got.

OP
krayman bauer

krayman bauer

Reaction score
i hear you on that last part man...for once in my life, i will not be replacing this phone as much as retiring it. and btw, rooting isnt NEARLY as freaky as it appears. trust me! there is always a risk to everything, but you'd be hard pressed to find a single device "truly" bricked. read up, do home work, and give it a go. you may surprise yourself.dancedroid

RVdroid

Reaction score
I've read through several tutorials on rooting my droid, especially the d2g, apparently there still isn't a 'ton' of awesome roms for it. All I really want is some more file management abilities but no market app has got what I need without rooting.... There's progress being made but still at this point not enough of a enticement for me to take the plunge. But, there's always the future.:)

OP
krayman bauer

krayman bauer

Reaction score
Don't want to come off pushey so I'll get that out of the way. I got a bunch of friends who love their droids as is cause it does what. It nedds to for them. There are times for me when I go back to just stock rooted cause the reboots or occasional force closes get to much

sent from my Jeff v2 spec'd droid using the droidforums interwebs app over the wi-fies

OP
krayman bauer

krayman bauer

Reaction score
Also got some friends who get root JUST for app managerment or to freeze or remove bloat. At least we have the option and are not forced to root or are not able to do so. I am gonna check the global out again....would love to have a better keyborad and a faster processor. I like how they trimmed down the squareness of the original droid when they made the global too although I think they changed the positions of the soft buttons on the bottom of the phone...that would take some getting used too!

sent from my Jeff v2 spec'd droid using the droidforums interwebs app over the wi-fies

RVdroid

Reaction score
No worries krayman, you're not being pushy at all. I know you've got the droid fever. I've got it too.
I'm good..eh fair with dos and amature with darwin, but I've never ever messed with linux, so I'm way out of my element delving into android os.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. great intro, sorry didn't read it all. have fun and glad u finally jumped into the forum

welcome to all of you here

Aloha from Hawaii