Yeah, I think I've lost hope...

EnderGolem

Reaction score
It's been 3 weeks oast August and all of us are [patiently] waiting for our ICS update. I think I'm just not interested in waiting anymore.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Droid Forums

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
So what's that one killer feature you are dying for? Just curious if you can name one. A lot of people want the update but have no idea why. Our phones work great now. But because we were told about it. Now we're all pissy about it.
I admit I am annoyed. But not mad. Not upset. Not "losing interest". This was a top of the line phone when it was released. I've had mine for 15 months. I have 100 apps on it. ANd it STILL runs GREAT. Never a FC. It just purrs right along.
There IS a killer feature for me that I want: the new notification center...
But again... still being patient... I am sure it is VZW's fault we are still waiting and not HTC's...

s_ozzy825

Reaction score
I think I just want the bugs fixed. Like contact icons not showing or maybe even the battery life seeming to run smoother. Are those not features that will come?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't have any bugs. I was just commenting on this the other day. My ICS tablet is buggier then my GB phone. Tab gets FC's all the time. Launcher freezes.
I have -ZERO- problems with my GB phone.
I can't remember the last time I got a FC on my phone.

If you are having a Contact Icon issue, is that with the stock PEOPLE app?
Try a different one. If it is a different one, try a different one. LOL
This is why I love Android. Viva la Android.
And Battery life? Eh. I can almost always get a day. ANd I have a car charger too, so. ;)

Krennel

Reaction score
I don't have any bugs. I was just commenting on this the other day. My ICS tablet is buggier then my GB phone. Tab gets FC's all the time. Launcher freezes.
I have -ZERO- problems with my GB phone.
I can't remember the last time I got a FC on my phone.

If you are having a Contact Icon issue, is that with the stock PEOPLE app?
Try a different one. If it is a different one, try a different one. LOL
This is why I love Android. Viva la Android.
And Battery life? Eh. I can almost always get a day. ANd I have a car charger too, so. ;)

I'm in the same boat here. I'm content with GB, its very stable and I have zero problems with it. And while ICS would be nice, I don't look forward to the bugs it may bring out. And if there are bugs, will HTC and Verizon bother to fix them? No one knows. It isn't anything to ragequit over, especially with one of the last 3G phones around, and its easily rootable and you can run the ICS RUU if you want.

Bottom Line: If you have an upgrade available, go for it, but if not don't panic.

grkmikey95

Reaction score
Guys look on the bright side. At least our update didn't get cancelled like some phones. Trust me the patience would be worth it. And do you guys know if we will have on screen bottons? Or use what we have now?

OP
EnderGolem

EnderGolem

Reaction score
grkmikey95 said:
Guys look on the bright side. At least our update didn't get cancelled like some phones. Trust me the patience would be worth it. And do you guys know if we will have on screen bottons? Or use what we have now?

No doubt we are still using our softkeys.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Droid Forums

TheOldFart

Reaction score
The only reason that I would want ICS is so that I can hide the apps that VZW forces on us and I would never use. I have no intention of rooting, so hiding would be almost as good as deleting them. At least I hope I can hide them when we get ICS. I have 5 of their crap apps that want updated and I refuse to update them.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Eh, I update them all, usually on wifi so they stop bugging me.

grkmikey95

Reaction score
And how is the lockscreen camera . When u slide to camera does it only let u take pics just like the iPhone and Cnt see the gallery unless you unlock it?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
No, it is just a shortcut to the camera. Press BACK and it takes oyu to the home screen. This is exactly how the iPhone works, too. It doesn't take you to camera and lock you there.

grkmikey95

Reaction score
Ik but if you don't unlock it u just take pics with the camera. U Cnt c the gallery unless u unlock it with a password. I want to know if its the same if u have a password on it

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
If you unlock the phone to get to the camera with that shortcut... it unlocks the phone. Same as the iPhone. I have no clue how it works with a password. I don't use one.