YEAH baby! My Demo will be here today!

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by WorldOfJohnboy, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Joeteck

Joeteck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Or just get the Jupiter jack, and be done with it... I have it and it works great!

2. WorldOfJohnboy

Ratings:
    +0
    That's good for those that don't have the AUX port on their car stereos, but I don't like the sound quality degredation using a FM modulator. What I purchased is basically a wired version of the Jupiter jack and has bettery quality sound.

3. Joeteck

Joeteck Member

Ratings:
    +0

But, Tethered....

4. WorldOfJohnboy

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup... Tethered is always better than wireless in some/many ways, in this case, audio quality. In the case of BT headsets, it is battery life. When talking about Computers, wired connections are always more stable and typically a lot faster connections than wireless.

The big downfall is all the wires being an eyesore, but I took special care to hide my wires in my car, it barely looks like there are any wires!:)

5. Joeteck

Joeteck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude...lol, its 8 inches away tops 12 inches, how bad can the audio be?? You're too funny...

Or buy a radio with bluetooth built in, and you're golden as well...

No need to reinvent the wheel... lol

6. WorldOfJohnboy

Ratings:
    +0
    Distance has nothing to do with the audio degredation. A 3.5mm stereo cable sounds better than any FM transmission no matter if it is a local radio station or a battery operated transmitter plugged into your phone.

Plus, with a 3.5mm cable, you can hook up a ground loop isolator and get rid of the 'hum' if you are charging your phone, whereas with a FM transmitter you cannot.

7. Joeteck

Joeteck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I never get a hum with my installations... However to each their own... I prefer the cleaner looking wireless method. ;)

8. WorldOfJohnboy

Ratings:
    +0
    My point was IF you get a hum on a wireless connection, you have no way of removing it with an isolator.

I find the audio quality degrades a lot when using a FM transmitter vs. the Aux 3.5mm cable. Besides, why wouldn't I use the Aux port on my stock stereo if I have it available? That's like using a wireless N connection when I have a Gigabit CAT6 LAN connection right there for me to use. Better and more reliable.

Maybe you can't hear the difference, but I can... as you said, to each their own.

9. henry3

henry3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    mobile hotspot is on it since there were many rumors (and the Best Buy ad correction in store) stating it wouldn't make it to the phone. Skype functionality isn't much of a problem (Skype was supposed to be updated Feb 28th... I wonder what came of that?) just a simple update after the phone comes out.

10. WorldOfJohnboy

Ratings:
    +0
    I am pretty sure that with the new OTA Radio that was recently released, it fixed the whole muting of the Mic while you have your phone plugged into your car stereo. I just tested my phone and it worked great!

Worst case scenario, I was told there is a workaround to this as well. If yours still is muting the Mics on a phone call, go to Settings>Call>TTY mode. Change this to "TTY VCO." This should unmute the mics when on a phone call with something plugged into the headphone jack.

Search tags for this page
928 epst

internet connection mode adr6300

lumia 928 epst password
lumia epst
mydemo 70