YEAH baby! My Demo will be here today!

experiment626

Reaction score
Johnboy,have you played music thru the speakerphone yet? How's the volume and quality of the speakerphone? The Inspire 4G's volume and speakerphone were sub-par but I have high hopes for the Thunderbolt, if only because of the kickstand speaker in the back. Thanks.

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score
How would you rate the speaker audio quality? Loudness and clarity from 1-10 (10=best)

Can you take a sample video/photo and post it?

Thank you for all the information - it got me excited about the Thunderbolt again. dancedroid

It's actually nearly identical in loudness to my Droid X. If you pop out the kickstand, the clarity is a bit better than the Droid X because it's physically a bigger speaker. With the kickstand in (over the speakerbar), it only slightly muffles the sound, but it isn't by any means a huge difference, which is strange to me. (I would think if you cover up the speaker, it would deaden the loudness and quality a lot more.)

I will take a sample photo and brief video sometime tonight and post it after.

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score
Johnboy,have you played music thru the speakerphone yet? How's the volume and quality of the speakerphone? The Inspire 4G's volume and speakerphone were sub-par but I have high hopes for the Thunderbolt, if only because of the kickstand speaker in the back. Thanks.

The speakerbar under the kickstand is huge when compared to all others I have seen. Granted, it is no BOSE system, but it certainly does the job for me... very clear and the loud-to-soft volume is a pretty wide spectrum. There may be some sort of a limiter on it, because it never gets so loud that the music is horribly distorted.

Last edited:

deltwalrus

Reaction score
Thank You

I registered on this forum just to say thank you.

Thank you for providing straight information without any BS.

Thank you for doing so in a polite and forthcoming manner.

Thank you for doing so with patience and humor toward the rabid Thunderbolt/geek community.

And thank you for doing so for no reason other than you seem to love gadgets as much as we do.

Keep it up!

dajogejr

Reaction score
I registered on this forum just to say thank you.

Thank you for providing straight information without any BS.

Thank you for doing so in a polite and forthcoming manner.

Thank you for doing so with patience and humor toward the rabid Thunderbolt/geek community.

And thank you for doing so for no reason other than you seem to love gadgets as much as we do.

Keep it up!

X2...thank you John.

CellPhoneFreak

Reaction score
How would you rate the speaker audio quality? Loudness and clarity from 1-10 (10=best)

Can you take a sample video/photo and post it?

Thank you for all the information - it got me excited about the Thunderbolt again. dancedroid

It's actually nearly identical in loudness to my Droid X. If you pop out the kickstand, the clarity is a bit better than the Droid X because it's physically a bigger speaker. With the kickstand in (over the speakerbar), it only slightly muffles the sound, but it isn't by any means a huge difference, which is strange to me. (I would think if you cover up the speaker, it would deaden the loudness and quality a lot more.)

I will take a sample photo and brief video sometime tonight and post it after.

Great info - glad I registered to the forums today!

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score
Just a quick update... it's 3pm here and the phone has been off the charger since 8am. My use of the phone has been a bit limited since lunch, and I haven't gotten a ton of emails (except from DroidForums.net, lol) and the Battery shows 40% charge left.

My conclusion: If you have the right screen & app settings, you should be able to make it through a work day without charging the phone even with the standard battery.

Since I already have a Droid X, I know that the biggest battery drain is from the screen, and I mimicked those settings on the TBolt.

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score
Great info - glad I registered to the forums today!

Welcome to the best Andriod Community out there!

...and to all that have thanked me, I am just reciprocating the help/info/joy that I have received since I joined, so it's no big deal at all for me to do this!

jayishere

Reaction score
Now if only they told you the release date we could end this madness...

In general, do you usually get devices more than 2 weeks before they release?

madkoda

Reaction score
other question..earlier someone asked what the kickstand was made out of im not sure if there was an answer?

madkoda

Reaction score
its really great of you to be keeping us updated and letting us know how the phone is :)

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score
Any google music apps?

Not that I see, it is just called "Music" and is very basic. (I use TuneWiki as my preferred app.) However, you do bring up a good question regarding "Stock Apps."

I probably should have looked before I installed all my apps from my Droid X, but here is a list of what apps I noticed as being "stock" on the TBolt (I am not going to list things like the Calculator, etc., just what many would refer to as "Bloatware"):

• Bitbop - Some sort of Mobile TV app... appears to be made by Vcast. I am downloading it now to see what it does.
  • Flashlight - Nice little app that turns the dual-LED flash from the camera into a Flashlight. It has 3 brightness settings on it!
  • Footprints - Take a picture with Geolocation. (I always liked this App on my wife's Incredible)
  • Friend Stream - Facebook/Twitter status app. I actually like it better than Motoblur's "Social Networking" app.
  • Let's Golf 2 - Golfing app much like the Wii Golf that comes with the Sports game. Demo only.
  • Peep - Twitter app, nothing amazingly special about it.
  • Rhapsody - Plays a video that says to download the app. I won't use it, so I didn't download it.
  • Rock Band - If you don't know what this is, ask your teenage children. ;-)
  • Slacker - Internet Radio (I prefer Pandora)
That's pretty much it from what I can tell. Of course, the HTC Weather app is there as well. If you go to add a new Widget, you can click on "Browse all HTC Widgets" and it listed 66 Widgets on my phone. (Admittedly, there are some "duplicate" ones though... I swear there about 20 different Clock widgets!)