YEAH baby! My Demo will be here today!

EdForsythe

Reaction score
I searched for the answer on here and could not come up with it so ill ask you.
How is the screen outside (when the sunlight is hitting it)??
thing I hate about my OG droid is its really hard to text or read my texts out in the sunlight lol
Excellent question BF (just when I thought everything had been asked and answered.:)) I must have a phone that is readable in bright sunlight. Last October I saw a DX at a boat show that had an anti-glare (matte), polarized, screen saver. It appeared to increase contrast and color saturation and was quite clear on a very bright day. Unfortunately, I didn't get the manufacturer's name. :redface: I'm sure we can track it down though.

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score
Found some more info on what is causing the SWYPE Beta to keep disabling HERE.

This error is caused by a licensing error when loading Swype. This can be caused by several known problems.

1) Hotboot/Fastboot/Quickboot. Newer phones, like the Droid Incredible and Desire HD, come installed with hotboot (aka fastboot/quickboot). While hotboot enables you to boot your phone much faster than would be otherwise, it does so by bypassing loading some non-essential system resources until after the interface is made available. Swype needs some of these resources at boot to function properly.

bhall238

Reaction score
Ok, I just read this on engadget: the Thunderbolt has received "conditional approval for retail launch dependent on HTC agreeing to Verizon's requested changes and fixes for the first and second firmware maintenance releases." Would someone please translate?

Johnboy, please make note of all the apps your phone has now. Is VZW going to blackmail HTC and force new apps we don't want? What the heck is going on behind the scenes? Are there real technical problems or just BS between these two?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bhall238

Reaction score
Found some more info on what is causing the SWYPE Beta to keep disabling HERE.

This error is caused by a licensing error when loading Swype. This can be caused by several known problems.

1) Hotboot/Fastboot/Quickboot. Newer phones, like the Droid Incredible and Desire HD, come installed with hotboot (aka fastboot/quickboot). While hotboot enables you to boot your phone much faster than would be otherwise, it does so by bypassing loading some non-essential system resources until after the interface is made available. Swype needs some of these resources at boot to function properly.

I had the same problem on my OG Droid. Swype was updated and I had to uninstall and reinstall. Don't know why but it works great now.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
"It's not your dream release date. It's the one after that"

Last edited:

okiepat2000

Reaction score
Not speculating on a date, just asking a question about HTC's facebook statement.

They said release DATES, not date.

Is this just a typo, or something over my head?

razng2grtboys

Reaction score
Did you go to the 4G area today?

Nope. Working on the nursery this weekend.

Hey I'll trade you a bunch of childrens' books for a few days of trying out the Thunderbolt. My wife and I just went through all of the kid's books and have a whole bunch we're ready to donate. I live in the Washington, D.C. area and have 4G LTE ready and waiting. Let me know...

vzwuser76

Reaction score
OP, is there a 4G toggle on the phone?

No there is not. I am willing to bet Beautiful Widgets (or similar) will have one after it is released though.

Curious, BMX has said repeatedly that there is the ability to either toggle LTE (like a widget) or disable it (like under settings where you disable 3G). I know he has said that you can turn off 4G cuz people on twitter have asked him that point blank & he replied in the affirmative. Since yours is a preproduction unit maybe that was left off? Hopefully.